jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Embroidery: What Should I Make?

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I embroider in the style of Aimee Ray: http://dreamfollow.com/gallery2.html

And I would like to make something, but want to give it to someone. Since it's probably not a good idea to make something and mail it to a hubber, I'm going to make something and send it to HP since their address is public and the staff members can fight over it. I will make a hub about my adventure in making whatever it is that I make.

What should I make? Like a pillow or something? Which staff member should I make it for? Any ideas? Help me pick something that will match the person... for example, I'm not going to make a handkerchief with cupcakes on it for Paul Edmondson... unless he's into that sort of thing.

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Make something that you could also use as an occasional avatar. smile

2. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I wonder what keyword I would use for the hub. I can't really think of anything which is why I haven't made any embroidery hubs.

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Come to think of it, here is a list of your potential victims along with info about them. big_smile

4. Ania L profile image85
    Ania Lposted 5 years ago

You can decorate a voting hat for them to use in contests (I know they do it all electronically these days, but the old fashioned way would be cool)
    You can create a pillow/piece of fabric to lay their trophies/awards on it, the same way the royal symbols are presented in museums, etc.
    You could also create a world map contour with crosses for each hubber in our community. It would be quite dense in US and Canada area but there will still be some crosses in other parts of the world as well. However, based on the number of active hubbers, it could be a lifetime assignement so maybe it's not so great idea in the end smile

5. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Make a cute bow for Simone.. I guess she loves it smile