jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Pictures only (or mostly) hubs... is that a good idea?

1. food4you profile image60
    food4youposted 5 years ago

I want to do some hubs with mostly pictures. (Maybe have around 100 words or less for the whole hub, but 10-20 pictures.) Is this allowed? What category should it be in?

1. Hui (蕙) profile image58
      Hui (蕙)posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if it is allowed, but I really don't think it is a good idea. If you want your hubs evergreen, you've got to have rich contents with appropriate picture illustrations, because everybody has their opinions. Unless you tend to display your own photograph works, which is another point.smile

food4youposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, the pictures I was thinking of are mine.  The pictures would have a very neutural content: sunsets, flowers, foods -NOT sexy girls or anything like that.

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

You want to do a most picture hub with about 100 words on a writers site? Hmmm...doesn't like any sort of quality for a writers site.

food4youposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, even writers need pictures they can use for their hubs. That's what I was thinking of doing - providing free pictures.  I think this could be a nice service.

3. Azure11 profile image88
    Azure11posted 5 years ago

There is a photo gallery category which I only realised because it is part of the most recent contest. So yes, you can do it and here is the link http://hubpages.com/topics/entertainmen … leries/772

1. 60
      apoldearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ahh, photo gallery hub can be done.  But can I have a photo hub merge with a regular one?

4. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 5 years ago

In photo hubs you can have pics mostly but you need to add some information too to make it interesting. And as Azure has written there is a contest coming up in November for 22 days so .. keep your best pics ready for them.. those hubs need about 500 words on them though smile

5. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You mentioned offering free photos to hubbers - are these photos you've taken yourself? If you want to earn from them, why not put them on specific sites set up to sell stock photos or that are at least specifically made promote pictures in search engines and image search.

There are hundreds of thousands of images available to hubbers, as long as they are willing to attribute properly.