jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (19 posts)

what drives you to create?

1. jfay2011 profile image59
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

What makes you want to paint?  What are your favorite subject matters?  Mine are dolls.  I also really enjoy writing lots of hubs.  It's really fun.  I've just written a bunch today and it will be fun to hear comments.  It's always fun to share each other's thoughts.
    What drives me to paint or draw or write is the sheer passion of waking up and creating something from scratch.  And the results are always amazing that we can create something from nothing.

1. Cagsil profile image84
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nothing. I don't paint.
      Yes it is.

2. Sneha Sunny profile image86
      Sneha Sunnyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't know. I get the painting "cravings". And I take my paper, pencil, eraser and colors and start whatever I want to do!

3. 61
      shell20110309posted 4 years ago in reply to this

i like writing when i was worried.i write something which is a small thing,but i like to write down, a few days ago ,i read it and it will make me laugh .because it is  really  very boring

1. Joy56 profile image60
        Joy56posted 4 years ago in reply to this

it does not matter how boring it is, it is good to read back what you have written, months, years or even minutes ago.  Tells me how my moods change.....

4. ThePelton profile image78
      ThePeltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am driven to create by things I cannot even explain.  I have had inspiration hit me just about everywhere.

1. Joy56 profile image60
        Joy56posted 4 years ago in reply to this

hope it wasn@t painful

1. ThePelton profile image78
          ThePeltonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The only painful part is not being able to make real or write down what my inspiration was before some other thought blotted it out.

2. 0
    SAMMADEposted 5 years ago

everything inspires me! I have books and books filled with ideas and Im slowly but surely becoming a littl business!

3. TTC12 profile image89
    TTC12posted 5 years ago

It's my job to be creative! But I also enjoy designing my own personal websites, invites, etc.  I need and live to be creative. It was difficult in my past jobs where there was no creative outlet.  Drawing and painting classes are part of my future plans.

4. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
    Mikel G Robertsposted 4 years ago

what drives me to create?

5. Disturbia profile image62
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

If I'm driven by anything, it's my ADHD.

6. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 4 years ago

some of us just live to create..... I love to be creative all the time, and untidy.... hate being untidy, love being creative..... not great at painting... but getting there.

7. imkd profile image61
    imkdposted 4 years ago

now i don't have time to paint but i like to paint about nature.

8. Hui (蕙) profile image58
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

Imagination!!! Maybe because I had stayed lonely in childhood, I've got powerful ability to imagine. Sometimes, I need to draw it by painting and speak it in words.

9. waynet profile image46
    waynetposted 4 years ago

The car that I'm driving in and having sleep and eating food drives me to create! Or else I'd be dead without em!

10. AshtonFirefly profile image83
    AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago

The thing that drives me to create is just the unexplainable, addictive need to write. smile If I'm not using my imagination and trying to create something, I go crazy. And being a theatre fanatic, I have to always be working on a project. Creating a show.

11. cheapstuff profile image60
    cheapstuffposted 4 years ago

I just love seeing the statistics ahaha big_smile makes me happy when something I write gets peoples attention.

12. Teresa Coppens profile image86
    Teresa Coppensposted 4 years ago

I do not paint.  That is my sister's talent.  I do love to write.  I keep a notebook handy and add ideas for future hubs as inspiration hits.  My kids and my love of science and books keeps me inspired!