jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (24 posts)

Favourite Artist

1. vintageglamour profile image59
    vintageglamourposted 4 years ago

Do you have a favourite artist or maybe an era of art that you tend to gravitate towards.

I've always like andy warhol and not because i find his art particularly inspiring because honestly I don't

but as a person and from what ive read about him or watched in documentaries we seem to have some things in common

i do tend to move towards street art though

1. melafx profile image46
      melafxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My Favourite artist is Dirk Dzimisrky. CHeers

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Van Gogh, the Impressionists, the Post-Impressionists.

3. 0
    Longhunterposted 4 years ago

H. David Wright is my favorite artist. He does paintings and drawings of longhunters, Indians, and mountain men as well as Civil War scenes and figures.

His work has an honesty because he's lived it. He's spent days, weeks, and months dressing and living as the people in his works of art did, using only what they would have had to survive.

I'm also proud to call him a friend, having been on a few of those camps with him.

4. Richard Craig profile image75
    Richard Craigposted 4 years ago

I love Cubism, pioneered by Picasso and Georges Braque.  I also love the surrealist work by Salvador Dali.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

...dutch masters....and local guy Norval Morrisseau (RIP Norval)

photography - Edward Curtis

6. Sottway profile image79
    Sottwayposted 4 years ago

Salvador Dali - I done a project about him during my last term of school a couple years back.

I found him to be an exceptional surrealist who left  me with many questions when I had to incorporate my own art into his. (it was great painting wobbly people) smile

7. Max Dalton profile image79
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Ralph Steadman. He's probably most famous for his illustrations for Hunter Thompson's "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." He's got a very unique style that I've always found appealing.

1. 58
      shell20110309posted 4 years ago in reply to this

i like him ,i began to like him because of my friend who also like him .

8. melafx profile image46
    melafxposted 4 years ago

I must say, DalĂ­ was my favourite too, for around 14 years, from 16 till 30. Now my appetite has changed... Good artist your choice Sottway!

9. 60
    Vladi Dorfmanposted 4 years ago

I have several. I think Mike Butkus scores though.

10. steveamy profile image61
    steveamyposted 4 years ago

Edward Hopper

11. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Andrew Wyeth, Monet, George Stubbs, and Winslow Homer.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image82
      AshtonFireflyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I loce any and all artists which do abstract art smile

12. Little Light profile image88
    Little Lightposted 4 years ago

I love Van Gogh and the story behind him. My most loved work is Starry 'Night'.
    When I discovered how insecure he was about his work at times, it just made me admire him even more. There are some wonderful quotes out there of his too, which are so very inspiring.

13. calpol25 profile image75
    calpol25posted 4 years ago

Definately Leonardo Da Vinci for me smile

14. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 4 years ago

Norman Rockwell is my favorite modern day artist and Leonardo Da Vinci is my favorite artist from antiquity.

15. 0
    no mac saladposted 4 years ago

Long ago, when I was Groovy, Peter Max was the go to artist. Now, I expand my perception of art to include architecture and Frank Lloyd Wright is my favorite.

16. Evilangel363 profile image60
    Evilangel363posted 4 years ago

I Love Cristina sccabia and Sharon Den Adel ..... I admire their singing .....!  Armin Van Buuren
    Mike Shinoda              ......... Shagraaaaaaaaaaaaaaath smile yay

17. carolinemd21 profile image69
    carolinemd21posted 4 years ago

I like Van Gogh and Picasso. Love the bright colors and different types of styles.

1. Castlepaloma profile image26
      Castlepalomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci they lived to age 90 when people at that time average age was 30 and both were well rounded artist

18. Matt in Jax profile image81
    Matt in Jaxposted 4 years ago

Da Vinci, Van Gogh, and Raphael.

19. 0
    Muldaniaposted 4 years ago

I like Thomas Gainsborough and Canaletto.  For some reason I am drawn to paintings of the 17th and 18th centuries.

20. carlarmes profile image80
    carlarmesposted 4 years ago

Claude Monet tends to get my attention, great for copying, sorry, interpreting, using his compositions to make something new.