jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anybody of you making money from Stock Photo Agencies?

1. jainismus profile image78
    jainismusposted 4 years ago

Does anybody of you make money from Stock Photo Agencies? I have experienced that most of the agencies reject even award winning photographs, due to automated filters. What is solution for it?

2. melissanyk profile image70
    melissanykposted 4 years ago

I hear you.  I have posted decent photos, some sites take them, some don't.  It is so weird.  No.  I've sold a few, but it's not worth the work it takes....

3. Randy M. profile image91
    Randy M.posted 4 years ago

I think it better to have your own site.  Or you can use a site like Etsy, where you make your own site and you will be among other artists and photographers.  Stock Photo Agencies are not a good bet.  I just pull out of my participation with one.

4. sgbrown profile image93
    sgbrownposted 4 years ago

I have submitted pictures to Shutterstock, Bigstock and Dreamstime.  One place will take some and the next will reject the same ones...I don't understand.  Bigstock seems to be the easiest to satisfy. It takes a lot of photographs to make any money. I also have my own photography website, but it isn't going very well either. I am looking into a place called Digibug.com.  They build a web site for you and take care of the processing and shipping.  You can also use your photos and make gifts such as t-shirts, calendars,etc.  I really don't care for that end of it, but I do like the fact that they do all the work for you.  Has anybody had any dealing with Digibug that you have heard of?