Crochet stitch

1. 61
    ottomedic51posted 4 years ago

I'm about to start crocheting a rug pattern, which i've never attempted to do and have a question. I've been crocheting for 32 years and just starting knitting, which I love but my question has to do with crochet stitch I haven't heard of. So, please's noted in the pattern that the rug is worked in single crochet st but you place the hook OVER the top of yarn instead of UNDER the yarn when pulling the loop through, which is suppose to create a cross stitch pattern on the right side of the rug. I haven't been able to find anything on line but maybe someone else might know where to find a diagram or video showing me how to do it. Thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

1. prayerwoman profile image59
      prayerwomanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I know that if you go through the top of the stitch that your row will have an raised effect on the front side of what you are working on. I used to be able to do many of the stitches but since my mother passed away, I have lost the art of following the stitches much to my dismay.  I hope you figure out how to make your rug. I'd be interesting in seeing part of your project.