jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Liquid Drop Art

1. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

"Corrie White, the artist behind Liquid Drop Art, has a talent for capturing the surreal impact of a water droplet. White’s photographs allow viewers to see something that would normally be “invisible to the human eye.” Most of the water droplets were created with a medicine dropper and food dyes. According to the White’s bio, the “forms of water and milk shapes are pure and unedited.” "

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/liquid-dro … 60831.html

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

those are really nice pics....

2. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok the first pic was imaginable and the rest were awesome big_smile Thanks for sharing this parad...

3. Robie Benve profile image94
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So beautifully amazing. Creative minds would have to work hard to come up with art like that, yet there it is, naturally free-forming.
      Too bad we can't appreciate it everyday with the naked eye.

1. ptosis profile image80
        ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well, perhaps the tiny drops of water we can't but I know how to do it when sitting on top of a waterfall that is at least 15 feet high.  Have to be on top of the falls so that your eye doesn't travel that far.

Position yourself above a waterfall and throw sticks in the pool before the waterfall and follow the stick as it falls. Keep doing this until you don't need the stick anymore to follow the speed of the water as it cascades down. You will begin to see the individual  water droplets instead of a steady stream.

Now repeatedly do this over and over again. Follow the water, see the droplets and now the rushing sound of water will change with the sound of individual buckets of water as it hits the bottom and then return your eyes to the top of the waterfalls quickly and repeatedly.

The water turns back into one big stream of water when returning your eyes to the top and then turn back to individual splatters as your eyes travel down at the same speed as the water.

Look up at the landscape at a distance. The landscape will undulate slowly for a few seconds until your eyes adjust back to 'normal' vision.

Have a Happy!

2. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Amazing pics there.. and nice lighting too! Thanks for sharing! I Like the idea very much!

3. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I like the "Rolling Stones" one the best.

4. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Incredible shots ...I wish my camera could capture like that..

5. 61
    butterfly567posted 4 years ago

Cool idea.Thanks alot  for sharing.
    Embroidery designs

1. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like the flower horse design, (neigh!)