jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How many pictures should be on a picture hub?

1. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 4 years ago

I have come across a few pictures hubs. What is  a good number of pictures to have for one?

1. Robie Benve profile image93
      Robie Benveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi momster, I'm not sure what you mean by pictures hubs: hubs that use several pictures to clarify content, hubs about photography, or hubs that have little test and mainly pictures?

Anyway, I decided to answer with what I know from my experience, which is photos in a general hub that uses photos to illustrate the content, and add some extra information.

My policy is to possibly have 5+ good quality photos that are content related, and possibly mine - it is true, as they say, it looks much better if they are not all professional photos from websites or clipart.

Having 5 or more photos gives the reader the opportunity to see a cool slideshow of your images with captions at the bottom.
      Hope this helps.

2. Tusitala Tom profile image89
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

Tend to agree with Robie; a Hub grabs a bit more attention if it has a few pictures, preferably relevant to the subject matter of the Hub.  I tend to go for odd numbers, one if very short, three if a bit long, five, seven, et cetera, putting in one picture every two or three paragraphs.   

If you can put in some information relevant to the Hub both in the caption on top of the picture, and some detail in the box below it, all the better.

Hope this helps.

3. GDiBiase profile image81
    GDiBiaseposted 4 years ago

I agree, a few eye catching photos will get a persons attention

4. hazelwood4 profile image81
    hazelwood4posted 4 years ago

Here is a great Hub that will show you how many photos and how much TEXT for full optimization on Hubpages.smile  I hope this helps.  http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

5. photostudiosupply profile image61
    photostudiosupplyposted 4 years ago

I think few (4-5) relevant and eye catching pics are OK in a hub.