jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Holiday Poem

1. writer boy profile image59
    writer boyposted 8 years ago

Here is a poem I wrote for the holidays.

The gleaming white snow is glissing outside the fire is burning inside. As we depart to the wonder land of dreaming. The family dog is laying on my lap. His warm coat of fur is making me sleepy. Candles are burning on the desk. I lay with my dog drinking a hot chocalate. The sounds of the wilderness creep up inside me. As I lay writing this poem. We light the candles for Hanukah we put uo the tree for christmas. But this time of year we all become one and put asside our diffrerences and we all are one.

2. C.S.Alexis profile image90
    C.S.Alexisposted 8 years ago

Very nice writer boy. Thank you for sharing. You should write some hubs and share them with us. C.S.

3. writer boy profile image59
    writer boyposted 8 years ago

Thank you for your nice words. I don't know how to write hubs.

4. Singer Boy profile image61
    Singer Boyposted 8 years ago

Very easy writer boy. to post a hub, just click the "Your Account" button at the top of the screen, then, it should say if you want to post a hub. click yes, make a name for it, and the you will be presented with a couple of capsules. click edit on the Text one, and write away. Hope this helps! smile

5. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

That was cozy, warm and fuzzy it was romantic and beautiful. It made me want to make a hot cup of chocolate and put logs on the fireplace. smile

6. Singer Boy profile image61

I agree with AE. This was a beautiful poem. most people think that poems have to rhyme, but that isn't the case. Poetry is like a story, but very short. But yet, it is one of the most beautiful forms of writing. Writer Boy, I hope your dreams are fulfilled and you become a famous writer like you've always wanted to be.

7. Singer Boy profile image61

I just wrote a holiday poem as well. Let's get into the spirit of Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa!

8. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 8 years ago

Really a lovely poem.

working