Craft For Kids: How To Make Pen Holders Out Of Recycled Materials
As early as possible, kids should be exposed to art. As parents, it is your responsibility to teach them the basics of crafts for kids through simple materials like paper, pencils and crayons. If you would notice, kids are fond of doodling on walls. This is an indication that they have a myriad of ideas inside their minds that are waiting to be unleashed. Instead of letting them vandalize your walls, give them some art supplies that they can use to draw and express what is inside their young imagination.
Aside from drawing on paper, you can also teach your kids to create useful crafts using recycled materials. One of the simplest craft for kids that they can do is a pen holder. Creating a pen holder is no sweat. You just need a handful of materials and you’re good to go.
- Potato Chips Tube
- Old Magazine
- Don’t let your kids handle sharp objects like scissors on their own. Craft for kids should also be guided accordingly.
- Construction Paper (optional)
- Colored Paper (optional)
- Watercolor (optional)
Step One. Get an empty tube of potato chips (small size) and clean it up. Wipe the grease inside using a damp piece of cloth. Then, dry it up using an unsoiled piece of cloth or tissue and set it aside.
Step Two. Look for old magazines (preferably those that contain beautiful pictures and advertisements) and look for pictures that you deem would look better as a cover of your pen holder. Magazines are glossy and colorful. This is the major reason why it is one of the best materials for crafts for kids.
Step Three. Once you have chosen a certain image, cut the page and measure. When you measure, simply leave the aluminum rim at the bottom of the tube uncovered. You may also save half inch allowance to completely cover the entire tube.
Step Four. After sizing is done, get a tube of glue and spread an ample amount on both ends of the magazine cutout. Stick the piece of magazine on the surface until it cover the whole tube. Make sure that the other end of the image would overlap another to conceal unnecessary details.
Step Five. Press the glued portion of your pen holder to make the surface firm and even. Then, wipe off some glue that leaked after the press. After that, leave the pen holder for a few hours to let it dry. Once the glue is all dried up, you can now put your pens, paint brushes and other art materials inside your simple yet wonderful creation.
- Budget-Friendly Crafts for Kids to Make
Looking for easy to make kid craft ideas that won't break the bank? Here are five budget-friendly craft ideas that use recycled products from around the house that both your kids and wallet will love!
- Spring Crafts for Kids: Easy, Fun Ideas
This article is filled with spring crafts for kids. It has easy, fun ideas for a wide variety of spring topics including birds, flowers, insects, vases, wreaths, and more. There are lots of photos and resources.
- In lieu of magazine images, you can use white construction paper. Your kids can turn this pen holder into your canvas where you can draw what you want to draw.
- Aside from white construction paper, you can also use colors paper.
- If your kids wouldn’t like to draw, they can simply use colored paper, cut it into different shapes and paste it onto the surface.
- Craft making is a good parent-kid bonding activity. Make time for it so your kids will have something to look forward to. This will not just inch you closer to your kids as they grow up; you are also able to enrich their creative skills and talent.
- Such activity will teach them the value of things as early as possible. This is the time when you can enlighten them about the essence of recycling to people and the world we live in.
- If you want to make craft-making as a habit, you may set up an area in your house where you can do art creation alone. This can also be an area where kids can study their lessons.
More by this Author
Breaking up with someone you love is one of the hardest time that an individual will experience. The feeling of loneliness might linger for a longer period of time but everyone should always be brave enough to leave the...
Cook easy homemade guava jam in six simple steps. Now, you no longer have to rush in supermarkets because the sweet and preservatives-free fruit jam is easy to make.
A mocktail is a non-alcoholic cocktail. These drinks are ideal for ladies night out, children's parties, or for those who don't drink alcohol. There's a drink here for every occasion.