5 Paper Crafts Projects to Fight Off Summer Boredom
The question every parent has in mind this summer is what to do with eager young hands and minds during the long vacation months? While summer camp may be an option for some, it's not for everybody. With the economy taking its toll, many parents are looking for ways to cut down on expenses. I would like to offer a 'creative' solution to this summer's cabin fever.
Using just a little bit of effort and the
right supplies, parents can gear kids up to an unbelievable summer of fun and
learning all in one. With hundreds of unique arts and crafts supplies to choose
from online, you can create a tailor-made summer camp experience for your own children.
Fill each day this summer with fun activities, games and craft projects
specifically geared to individual skills that your child enjoys or wants to
strengthen. Here are just a few ideas to get you started.
- Silhouette Paper Cutouts: The stark contrast of sleek black on white (or vice versa) creates a dramatic effect, making it the ideal material for silhouette paper cutout projects. Trace a design, picture or element onto on side/color. Using a scissors or X-acto knife, cut out your design. Remember, the more gaps and spaces you leave in your design, the nicer the finished product will be. Using clear adhesive, adhere the cutout to the opposite color for a beautiful and unusual decoration item.
- Effervescent Efflorescence: Make a magical wonderland with metallic paper floral displays. Cut out different flowers, leaves and plants from various colors of the shiny and reflective metallic paper and stick to the walls, doors, furniture or staircases. This can be done during the holiday season, for a special occasion, to announce a surprise like color war or a party, or as exciting decorations to spice up an ordinary day. You can also use this fabulously fun craft idea to decorate a child's bedroom, nursery or playroom with jungle, meadow or forest themes.
- Kingly & Queenly Crafts: Metallic paper is also ideal for crowing your children as royalty. The super shiny material can be made into crowns, scepters, and other royal accoutrements. For added adventure and fun, tape metallic paper cutouts onto real life items such as gold jewelry, silver goblets, and precious jewels in a treasure box. Kids love the exciting sparkle of this paper, and there's no end to the imagination of a young child's mind.
- Secret Message Cards: Kids love the mystery of this fun and entertaining project. First, decide on a message. This can be "Happy Birthday, Joey", "We love you, Mommy", "Meet me at the clubhouse at 5", or anything else your child wants to encode. Next, take a piece of our super reflective mirror board paper and fold it in half so the mirrored surface is on the inside. Write your message on the right side of the card…but write it backwards! People have a ball using the opposite reflective surface to decode your hidden message.
- Scrapbooking Sentiments: Scrapbooks are a fabulous project for kids that will not just keep them busy for hours at a time and weeks on end, but will also give them a beautiful keepsake forever. From misty vellum paper, to convenient gummed paper, HyglossProducts.com has a huge variety of specialty paper that will make your scrapbook really stand out. Capture those found memories in a unique and everlasting vessel of nostalgia, love and laughs.
These are just a few of the fabulous ideas that are waiting for your child to embrace. With all the topnotch craft supplies available online, you might have a hard time deciding which to choose for your summer activities reserve. That's OK because you should definitely stock up on useful craft kits that come with all the ingredients you will need for making the ultimate banquet of frugal summer crafting fun. This summer, save yourself time, money and a lot of heartache by crafting an unforgettable vacation filled with exciting learning opportunities and craft projects for every kid.
No comments yet.