Pictures - Sculpture by the Sea 2008
Sculpture by the Sea has become world-famous and has grown significantly to be one of Sydney's top cultural events and part of Sydney's summer calendar, this is a free event and it makes the arts increasingly accessible to the community and a chance to enjoy one of the world's largest outdoor exhibitions.
Sculpture by the Sea started as a one day event with 64 sculptures in 1997. Over the past 12 years this outstanding exhibition has displayed 1079 sculptures to many million visitors.
In 2008, the Sculpture by the Sea, marks its 12th anniversary. It is always a pleasure to see the magnificent coastline from Bondi Beach to Tamarama Beach transformed briefly into a sculpture wonderland during the 3 weeks in springtime. (16 October - 02 November)
This exhibitions is not only for local artist, but it has attracted many international artist as well. As you walk along the Bondi to Tamarama coastline, you will be amazed by the incredible sculptures displayed along the coastline.
The organizers and the people who have work behind the scenes, they have done a magnificent job in making this event possible for the last 12 years. Kudos to all of you.
The Sculpture by the Sea is a haven for professional and point and shoot photographers, like me. I have a good time taking photos, I hope you will enjoy them too.
12th Annual Exhibition - Bondi 2008Click thumbnail to view full-size
My Favourite SculptureClick thumbnail to view full-size
It took us almost 3 hours to see all the sculptures and take photos and my top three favourite sculptures are:
1. Ivan Lovatt's "ordinary extraordinary" the famous Andy Warhol's art, created in an ordinary medium. The sculpture is made from galvanised wire and 44 gallon drum .
2. Mark Wotherspoon's "television within, television without" - a child gazing away from the television - towards imagination. This sculpture is made from recycled television glass and stainless steel. This work is about the role television is playing in our daily lives and in particular its effects on children.
3. Rod McRae "Alice in Wonderland" - According to the artist this group of carnival folk led by Alice the Elephant return 97 years later to reclaim the site of Wonderland City at Tamarama Beach.
Alice In Wonderland Sculpture
Sculpture By the Sea Photos
- Pictures - Sculpture by the Sea 2007
Every year, for three weeks in November the Bondi to Tamarama coastal walk is transformed into a spectacular outdoor art gallery. (01-18 November 2007)
- Quotations About Sculpture
A collection of quotations and wise sayings about sculpture from great artist and famous people.
More by this Author
This hub contains interesting information about the color blue plus pictures.
A collection of interesting facts about the colour/color red.
Filipino proverbs, or salawikain, echo the values of the Philippines. The values and lessons they impart to us still hold truth to this day.