How To Make A Rice Heating/Cooling Pad
How To Make A Rice Sock
Some of the top complaints in my home are headaches and backaches. I have a family of five, and there is always someone with an ache or pain somewhere. Instead of spending money on creams or cooling strips, I make rice socks. They can be super easy to make, or they can be customized and fancy. This one pictured here is my girly, argyle sock. Homemade rice socks can be heated in the microwave for head or back aches, or they can be left in the freezer for bumps or sore knees. Go on and make two or three. Making a rice sock is so easy, you make make as many as you like.
**Rice socks make simple, inexpensive gifts.
Uncle Ben's Original Long Grain Rice 12 lb. bag
Make A Simple Rice Sock
All you need is 2-3 cups of rice and a long sock. That's it!
Just pour the rice into the sock and tie the end of the sock in a knot. The amount of rice depends on the length of the sock, so start with 2 cups and add more if you need to. That's it! It is so simple to make a rice sock.
Tips For Making The Perfect Rice Sock:
1. Do not use instant rice!
2. Use a tight knit tube sock for best results.
3. Use a sock whose mate was eaten by the dryer.
4. Make 2 rice socks: one for the freezer and one for the microwave.
5. Make rice socks for kids using socks with fun prints and colors.
6. Add scented herbs to your rice sock.
How To Make A Rice Sock
These Are Perfect Tube Socks For The Kids!
Aromatherapy Rice Socks
Adding Scent To Your Rice Sock
A simple way to customize your rice sock is by adding herbs or essencial oils to the rice before tying it off. I personally added a tea packet I had that was a tension calming mix. It is a mixture of peppermint, cinnamon, and some other herbs I cannot remember at the moment. It smells so good but is not overpowering. Below is a list of ideas you can use or come up with your own.
Tips For Heating Your Rice Sock:
1. Because all microwaves are different, start heating by 1 minute and move up time if needed.
2. Shake the sock to evenly distribute the heat.
3. If sock is too hot, wrap it in a dish towel before applying to skin.
4. Do not heat socks with 'grippers' on them in the microwave.
More by this Author
Cleaning the house can be a daunting task if you are not organized. I hate to wake up and look around the house and think about all the things I 'think' I have to do that day. I decided to make a schedule and share it...
Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy