10 Emergency Items to Keep in your Car Glove box.
What to Keep in the Car Glove Box for Emergencies
I was in my car the other day heading out on a road trip down south of Sydney to the Southern Highlands of NSW to spend time with my daughter who recently moved there for work. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this part of the world the Southern Highlands is a beautiful, cool elevated region great for growing cool climate wines, particularly Mundrakoonah's Estate award winning Riesling; is 115 km and about an hour and a half south west of Sydney and incorporates the lovely villages of Bowral which was originally established as a rural retreat for Sydney's elite gentry and is most famous now for it's beautiful Tulip festival held each year, Moss Vale and Mittagong and is similar in feel to the Blue Mountains of NSW which are quite well known.
Anyway we were on the road enjoying the trip and I noticed a button had fallen off my coat. Now normally that's not a problem and it can easily be fixed when back home later in the day, but in the highlands a coat with a button on is preferable, especially on a freezing windy day, when the wind chill factor bites and jackets with buttons done up to keep out the draught are really needed. But not a problem I thought I always keep a needle and cotton in my glove box as well as other emergency items and that made me wonder what people keep in their glove box for emergencies so I thought I'd make a list of the 10 things I would most likely keep in mine. There are of course many other emergency items and they will of course differ according to the way people use their cars, for example if you are traveling long distances frequently compared to quick trips to work. Here are my list of necessary items.
Glove Box Necessities
1. Tweezers...are necessary to keep in your glove box for so many reasons including the most obvious one of removing the odd stray unwelcome eyebrow hair; or the removal of splinters, but if you wear glasses and have been in the position where the tiny screw that keeps your glasses together falls out, tweezers, are so much better than your fingers to place the screw back in the very small hole in your glasses.
2. Small scissors... for cutting off loose threads from clothing, cutting hard to open food packets etc
3. Needle and Thread...absolutely necessary for the inevitable button that just happens to pop off clothing at the most inopportune time and I include some safety pins as well.
4. Wet Ones or Moist Towelettes...good for so many uses such as cleansing your face, sticky fingers from food, coffee spills etc.
5. Medical Kit including paracetamol for an unexpected or expected headache, disinfectant cream or spray, band aids and bandage, stop itch, asthma pump etc.
6. Make up...a girl's just got to have it; and must include foundation, eye liner, mascara and lip gloss.
7. Spare Toothbrush & Toothpaste...for the obvious fresh breath. Hair Brush and hairspray...for the quick touch up job.
8. Face moisturizer and hand cream...are must haves to rehydrate both face and hands.
9. Torch...for finding the screws that fall out of glasses; baby toys,dummies,dropped food wedged down between seats in hard to get to places etc...or checking the motor or changing a Tyre in the likelihood of a break down in the dark.
10. Umbrella...who knows when it will next rain.
So this is my list. Do you have one? If so what would you include?
Emergency Items To Keep in Glove
Tick if You Agree Either of These are Important Items.See results without voting
More by this Author
Self-Worth another name for self esteem defined is : 'confidence in ones own worth or abilities; self respect' Navigating our way through life can have a damaging effect on self esteem for some as we journey through...
High Teas are an enjoyable and fun way to celebrate any occasion and in recent years they have become quite trendy. It seems they are not only exclusive to the Brit's any longer with more and more establishments...
Counseling is both a rewarding and worthwhile profession and there are many employment opportunities available in this fast growing industry. If you have been thinking of counseling as a career you might want to...