Car Show Pictures
Classic Car Show Okotoks
Here it is, if you are at all interested in classic cars I've got a few photos for you. I had to take out some faces or cover them up so don't mind that. I do have a lot more photos, perhaps in the future I will upload more, I've picked what I think are the best from the Okotoks Alberta Show and Shine.
Okotoks held its 2nd Annual Antique Car Show and Shine in Olde Towne Okotoks. Featuring Custom, Vintage, and Special Interest Vehicles. I personally liked the first one better, there were more cars to look at, but on the other hand the second one had a bit more entertainment. If you're at all interested in getting your car into this show they welcome all custom, vintage, and special interest vehicles.
Just my opinion, there were too many other car shows on at the same time they put the second show on in Okotoks so I think that had a lot to do with the turnout. Most of the pictures you will see are from the first car show.
I have included a few links to some car shows in the Alberta area and also to what they say are the best car shows in the world. If you are going to any of these please do not forget to take your camera and exercise a lot of patience when trying to get a human free photo of a beautiful classic car.
Back to the Future
The DMC-12 featured gull-wing doors with a fiberglass "under-body", to which non-structural brushed stainless steel panels were affixed.
Most of us older people became familiar with the DeLorean when the show with Michael J Fox came out called 'Back to the Future'. I personally like the car myself and if I were wealthy, I would certainly try to buy one.
Unfortunately I do not have a picture of Kitt (Knight Industries Two Thousand) which was off the the Knight Rider show. I did see Kitt that was used in the Knight Rider TV series at a car show in Calgary back in the 90s, have misplaced those photos. Closest I've came to having a car that talked was my Nissan 200SX years ago, she would tell me if the doors were open and a few other things. I so often wanted to have her reprogrammed to say a few more things... like 'hey you twit, the passenger door is not closed'.
Video created from some of the Okotoks Alberta Car Show images; some pictures are the same but there are a few new ones to take a look at as well, hope you enjoy.
Okotoks Alberta Car Show, Show and Shine
The Pantera, "Pantera" is Italian for "Panther", is a sports car that was produced by a car company from Italy between the year 1971 to 1991. Resting an arm on the central console could lead to inadvertently activating the poorly located cigarette lighter, if this one thing makes you unhappy I say take the lighter out and plug in a neon blue light. There were only about 7,200 Panteras built.
The first 1971 Panteras were powered by a Ford 351 in (5.8 L) V8 which produced 330 hp (246 kW). The high torque provided by the Ford engine reduced the need for excessive gear changing at low speeds: this made the car much less demanding to drive in urban conditions than many of the locally built competitor products.
What kind of Ferrari?
"Founded in 1947 to contest road races, Ferrari has long produced the world's finest and most desirable sports and GT cars, each with the soul of a championship racer"
A couple of facts about Ferrari:
- The first Ferrari car proper appeared in 1947, the Tipo 125. Its V12 engine was designed by Giaochino Columbo, and it was made at Maranello, a factory outside Modena backed partly by Mussolini so Ferrari could make tools for his war machine.
- Ferrari’s “prancing horse” logo was given to Enzo by Countess Baracca, whose late World War I flying ace son Francesco had used it as his emblem. Ferrari changed its background color from white to yellow, and created an icon.
- Ford tried to buy Ferrari for $18 million in 1963 but the deal collapsed when the Americans refused to cede Enzo total control over the racing program. Ford responded by producing the GT40.
I used to watch the Dukes of Hazzard all the time way back when, I thought it was hilarious and John Schneider was nice to look at as well... but I'm sure the males didn't mind Daisy (Catherine Bach).
The General Lee is the modified Dodge Charger driven by the Duke cousins Bo and Luke in the television series. The General Lee had the doors welded shut, leaving the Dukes to climb in and out through the windows. The car's name is a reference to the Confederate General Robert E. Lee, and indeed the vehicle embodies the Southern United States, bearing as it does a Confederate naval jack on its roof and a horn which plays the melody from the first line of the song "Dixie".
Top TV Cars
- KITT (Knight Industries Two Thousand)-(Pontiac Trans Am): Knight Rider
- General Lee (1969 Dodge Charger): The Dukes of Hazzard
- The Black Beauty (1966 Chrysler Imperial): The Green Hornet
- The Munster Coach (modified Ford Model T’s): The Munsters
- Ford Gran Torino: Starsky & Hutch
- A-Team Van (GMC G-Series): The A-Team
- Miami Vice Ferraris (Ferrari Daytona Spyder and Testarossa): Miami Vice
- Volvo P1800: The Saint
- Batmobile (1955 Lincoln Futura concept): Batman
- Magnum P.I. Ferrari (Ferrari 308 GTS): Magnum P.I.
- #11: Christine: A '58 Plymouth Fury possessed by Hell and "Body by Plymouth. Soul by Satan." - Must admit she was and still is very well known even-though she did not make the top ten lists I found.
- Lotus Seven: The Prisoner: The Seven became so well-known thanks to this show, that Caterham built 40 Prisoner special editions in 1990, to cash in on the car's success.
- Pontiac Firebird: The Rockford Files
Dodge Super Bee
Friend of mine had one of these, did not have the high gloss paint job on it though. This car is also known as a muscle car, the low priced muscle car.The Super Bee was a stripped-down model featuring a 383-cid V-8 engine.
What exactly is a Muscle Car? A muscle car can be a variety of different high performance automobiles. Under the strict definition of a muscle car it is said that it is a mid sized model which is performance oriented, powered by a large V8 engine, while still being in an affordable price range. In one reference they say about the muscle car; 'built for torque instead of turning power'.
There are some truly beautiful classic cars at the Okotoks show and shine, definitely worth a look.
If you are interested in entering your car in the Okotoks Alberta Show and Shine these are the past dates so I am going to assume it will follow the same pattern this year.
- 1st Annual Olde Towne Okotoks Show & Shine (Antique and collector cars on location) for car enthusiasts on Sunday, August 16, 2009
- 2nd Olde Towne Okotoks Show & Shine, August 15, 2010
Car Show Z28
I used to have a car just like this one back in around 1982, mine was navy blue with light blue pin striping, close in looks to the one below except we had the side pin striping removed.. It had a 4 speed standard transmission with air inductors. The rear fenders were flared to allow for the wider tires we put on the back axle, ours had a T-Top which I thought was really nice.
That car did have a lot of power, it was very easy to start in 3rd gear. Not that I'm saying you should start moving your car in 3rd, as we all know it does require you to bring the rpm up to get going without it stalling out. The tires being so wide in the back did require you to be a lot more cautious if it rained, the car did hydroplane on me a time or two, kind of freaky.
Car Shows & Other Cool Car Hubs
- Car Show Pictures Okotoks AB 2
Why do we keep going back to the classic car shows? The Okotoks classic car show has been taking place for a couple of years now. More photos of some classic cars in the Okotoks car show.
- Classic Muscle Cars
Photos and videos of three of Chryslers coolest Mopar muscle cars of the day; the Dodge Charger RT, Dodge Challenger RT and the Dodge Coronet RT.
- Auto Shows 2012 2011 Auto Show Coverage at Automobile Magazine
Coverage of the big auto shows like Tokyo, Frankfurt, Paris, and Detroit. View pictures and read news on all the latest vehicle releases, concept cars, and more inside the Automobile Magazine auto show coverage.
- Calgary International Auto & Truck show 2011
This show is the premiere event for auto enthusiasts to get up close and personal with the newest daily drivers and the hottest exotics.
More by this Author
You’ll want to know how to defrost a frozen fuel nozzle if you own or manage a gas station where temperatures get below zero. The remedy for a frozen gas nozzle is gas line antifreeze. These are suggestions on...
The Golden Princess is the cruise ship we went on for our 4 day cruise to Ketchikan, Alaska. The staff on the Golden Princess is outstanding and the shows you can go out to see are a true joy to behold. If you've never...
Kidney Stones are excruciatingly painful, at least to me and a great number of others. I passed a 6.7mm kidney stone and hope with all my might to never have to pass another. Read up on my personal experience with...