Dealing With Car Trouble On The Road
Right at the first signs before total car failure, you hear a weird noise and you wonder what is going on but you keep on rolling,...and then all of a sudden...kerplunk...the car breaks down. Car trouble on the road could be anybody´s nightmare, unexpected breakdowns on the open road are frustrating and can be challenging and at times dangerous.
Avoiding car trouble first of all takes a bit of inspecting your car regularly and simple maintenance. Get your car checked before you set out on a long journey by a mechanic if you don´t know anything about car mechanics. If your Insurance policy includes breakdown towing, if necessary call them up and make sure the tow is coming to your rescue soon.
If you do know or you are willing to learn then the most possible sources of trouble could be with the battery, hoses, tires, belts and fluids.
Need more information on car maintenance? Click below
- How to Inspect a Used Car You Want to Buy
How to Inspect a Used Car You Want to Buy - Hiring a mechanic to inspect a used car you want to buy could be costly if you dont hit on the money on that first or second choice. You dont have to be a specialist to inspect a used car for sale by...
- Driving in Cold Weather
Your car engine in the winter takes much more time to get at that right normal working regime than in milder climates. Inspecting and preparing your car for the winter months ahead will give you a trouble...
- Driving in Hot Weather
Inspecting the radiator fluid level and checking for leaks and seeing that the oil level is at its point is just not enough to save you headaches when driving in hot weather. Theres quite a bit more that...
- Smart Car Maintenance
Smart Car Maintenance - The average life expectancy for most essential parts on your car depends on origin, lot components, brand and quality. When you drive off with your brand new car, all of the components fit in from factory will be the ones that
- Why Such A Fascination On Classic Cars
Ever since I was a kid it always fascinated me more admiring all sorts of 20 or 30 plus year old cars than the newer and latest models. Fine, I do like new cars as well, but talking about classic cars and...
A necessary guide in car maintenance
Inspecting them regularly will avoid future hassle.
Be certain you have emergency equipment, such as flashlights, flares just to mark your position, a reflective jacket to wear when you’re working around the car, a triangle, basic mechanic tools, and always make sure that your spare tire is inflated.
- A lot of people forget about the spare and throughout time when it is not used or checked it will lose pressure, and you got a flat spare of no use.
- At the first sign of trouble, pull off the road, activate your emergency lights and then assess the problem. Fix the things you can and know yourself.
- Highways and roads are frequently patrolled by police agents, and depending on the amount of traffic. Back roads may be a bit more difficult to get help.
- Don’t leave your car abandoned because your car could be exposed to theft and vandalism. Assess your position and situation if you have to leave your car.
- If your car is overheating turn the heater on and open the windows to dissipate the heat accumulated on the system.
- If your car
has air conditioning then do not turn it on. It would only make things worse.
Air co when turned on in this case would just over burden your engine making
it heat up even faster, then just turn the dial on to maximum heat if you can
and let the hot air flow out your windows.
- You may be able to let it cool down and then proceed slowly to a gas station if you know one is close by.
- If you are in real trouble you could wait for some help. Mind that in winter you are vulnerable to the cold. Raise your hood or your trunk lid as a distress signal for help.
- Display the reflecting triangle 30 meters behind your parked car. Run the engine if possible, only 15 minutes out of every hour for heat and keep a window a little open to protect you against carbon monoxide fumes that can eventually lead to poisoning.
- Keep the car
doors locked if you are a woman traveling alone, and keep the windows rolled up
while waiting for help.
- This gives you a protective advantage point for analyzing strangers who come up to the car when help arrives, and look out for those helping people who think they know all about car problems but are really not mechanically knowledge.
- Explain your car problem clearly as it happened so a service station can send a mechanic or a tow truck and concentrate on the trouble.
Tools you should carry in your car
More by this Author
A list of superstitions and customary beliefs from around the world.
Jaguar E Type Original Colors - Jaguar XKE Original Colors. A true Jaguar E type is the one that is in fact as original as the day it rolled off the assembly line. Through the life of an E type, it can change hands...