How To Get Rid Of Smoke Smell Out Of The Car
Eliminating Smoke Smell in the Car
Smoking inside the car is not a good practice and it must be avoided always. This leads to bad effects on the co- passengers who will be women and children exposed to passive smoking hazards. When you smoke inside your car you will find that the strong smell of it remains inside the car for a long time, which you will find to get rid of it very difficult. Now let us see how to get rid of smoke smell out of the car.
The smell of smoke and its level of smell depend on the frequency of smoking and the ways to get rid of it has to vary as per the level of smell inside your car.
If you have only a light smell you can use one of these ways:
- Charcoal – charcoal has the ability to attract all smell causing atoms to it and you can place some pieces of charcoal in a container with holes on the cover. Keep this in the car for some time and you will find that the smoke smell disappears gradually
- Baking soda - this is one of the most commonly used method and you will find that this is one of the best in your search to know how to get rid of smoke smell out of the car. Place a cup half full with baking soda or sprinkle it on the car mats and seats to remove the offending smell
- Newspaper - you will be surprised to know that placing few newspaper sheets spread on the mats, seats and other areas of the car absorbs most of the smoke smell
- Ammonia is one of the best ways to fight off the smell of tobacco smell and when you leave this in a wide basin inside the car overnight you will find that the smell has been removed in the morning
When smoke smell is very strong and overpowering you have to use one of the many commercial products available in the market. Some of these include:
- Febreeze – one of the well-known air freshener that is not limited to be used in your car. This can be used as an air spray inside the car to get quick relief from strong smoke smells.
- Odium – this is a popular brand containing a full range of air sanitizers, air purifiers and air deodorizes. It claims to eliminate the smell instead of covering it
- Renuzit – this is yet another of the air freshener products coming with a wide range of scents that focus more on the odor neutralization.
- Odoban – this is a good product for odor elimination and acts as a good disinfectant also. Though not a permanent solution this gives excellent temporary relief from the overpowering and unbearable smoke smell inside your car.
These products are known to give only temporary relief and they cannot be considered to be good solutions to remove the source of the odor that is caused by the tar residue that gets deposited in the
- Air vents
- Car mats etc
If you find that you are not able to get any relief in spite of using them then you have to call in professional help. Even after this if you have the smell of smoke inside your car then either consider changing the above parts or try to live with it. Thus now you know how to get rid of smoke smell out of the car.
More by this Author
The health benefits of coconut oil for skin problems has many restorative and renewing properties to the skin.
Fuses are a important safety device that protects an electrical appliance from getting on fire. They are found everyone from homes to cars.
Toyota recommends to change sparks plugs every 30k. Learn how to do it here.
No comments yet.