How To Increase Fuel Efficiency Of Automobiles In The World of Rising Fuel Prices?
Saving Money In the World of Rising Fuel Costs
Fuel Prices are soaring sky high every day; if not every moment! Still we cannot opt to drop the privileges of owning a vehicle in the course of this busy life. To face the fuel prices in such a way that it won’t affect the family budget- there is only one way out: take a li’l caution while you drive! The benefit is not just that you can make a pretty good profit of 20% on the fuel charges, but this too that the trivial maintenance works can be minimized and that the longevity of your vehicle can be assured!
Your vehicle—let it be a bike or a car – just quit thinking that it’s just a vehicle. Though it remains a fact that these vehicles can’t respond like a living being, your vehicle definitely reacts to your behaviors towards it. If you care for your vehicle, you will get it back, may be virtually!
If Oil Prices still increase.... ....
Money Saving Tools and Kits for Drivers
How to Improve Fuel Efficiency of Motor Vehicles
Here we go with some tips to back up fuel efficiency and there by a better performance:
- Make it a point to change oil from time to time. For normal oils, the norm is to change it every 5000 kilometers or every 12 months, whichever is earlier. Don’t wait for the oil to turn pitch black and viscous. Keep a track of the mileage and change the oil from time to time.
- The tyres need to be in good condition. Keep it in mind that Tyre pressure and friction are inversely proportional, and if the friction increases that in turn affects the fuel efficiency. It is said that the fuel efficiency increases if the Tyre is given extra 2 pound pressure than what the manufacturers claim. The Tyre pressure is to be increased when you have more travelers on your vehicle.
- Driving demands a li’l manipulation. Always prefer an earlier gear down to an unexpected sudden brake. Restarting your vehicle every now and then too will consume so much of fuel. It’s not desirable to drive the vehicle by applying partial clutch. Brake too should be applied only when it’s necessary. All these back up the fuel efficiency.
- While driving, don’t let the choke be in pulled mode. If the engine is cool, allow it to get heated itself. Accelerate the speed eventually. Switch off the engine if you want to halt for more than 1 minute.
- Don’t allow overweight to board your vehicle. Studies prove that 1% of fuel gets consumed if the weight goes beyond 25 kg. If you wanna put luggage on your car-top, arrange it in an aero dynamic manner. i.e.; small luggage at the front space and big ones at the back.
- For journeys below 1 kilometer, avoid using vehicles.
- Check the alignment of wheels duly. Correct the alignment and wheel balance in every 5000 kilo meter. If the alignment is not right, car sways sideways and the fuel efficiency depreciates considerably. Tyre wear out and the vehicle loses its control as well. While servicing, make Tyre rotation a must.
- Service only at authorized service centers. Use only the original spare parts.
- Efficient Driving is one of the best means that supports fuel efficiency for it results in up to 15% fuel efficiency. The maximum desirable speed for cars is 50-60 km per hour, 55 being the optimum. When the speed is increased, the resistance offered by air increases which in turn demands the engine to work more. It is calculated that at 80 km per hour, the consumption of fuel increases by 80%. But this depends on the vehicle’s processor tuning. Always get precise details of these from the manufacturer. The optimum speed for two wheelers is 40-50 km per hour.
- Driving should be in definite gears. Unnecessary ups and downs in the gear position increase the fuel consumption. For example, driving a car in fourth gear when only a third gear is required, while covering an ascent leads to loss of fuel. The drivers who always drive in the top gear and apply the brake in the last moment are actually losing huge amounts of fuel for mere nothing
Tips for an Economic Journey ....Travel a Cost-Effective Journey
- Always opt for public transport means like bus and train as far as possible.
- Use car, only if it’s a family trip.
- Avoid two-wheelers to travel walkable distances.
- Fuel efficiency is maximum at 55km per hour. If the speed is further increased, that in turn affects the fuel efficiency.
- Avoid competition while on road. Sudden acceleration and deceleration- both reduces the fuel efficiency of your vehicle by 37%.
- Don’t ride so close to the preceding vehicle. If at all that foregoing vehicle stops unexpectedly, you will be in a situation to apply a sudden brake which results in fuel loss; if not a fatal accident!
- Avoid riding at the lowest possible speed. This reduces the fuel efficiency as well as damages the engine and all.
- When you park your vehicle, park in the first available spot. Avoid driving through the parking area in search of convenient parking space. Always try to park the vehicle in some shaded area.
- Excess weight of the vehicle reduces the mileage. Don’t attach heavy accessories that surpass the weight limit suggested by manufacturers.
- Avoid keeping unnecessary stuffs in the storage area of the vehicle.
- Plan journeys in such a way that many things can be accomplished in a single journey if possible, rather than having separate journeys.
- Manipulate the distance to the destination and understand the route beforehand. This helps you avoid chances of going astray which in turn avoids time loss and fuel loss. Mapping facilities in mobile phones can be utilized.
- There is no point in having excess fuel in the fuel tank for a considerable amount of fuel will be lost through evaporation. Make sure that you have enough fuel- not up any more, not up any less.
Keep all this in mind; your journey towards a fuel-efficient tomorrow will be smooth.
More by this Author
There could be many reasons for practicing Hair coloring, or you can say, changing the color of hair. The most common motivation to change the hair color is the recent trend or fashion. Hair coloring process involves...
The actresses who are multi talented can be in the list of Top ten lists of Hollywood actresses according to me. Every thing should be considered like beauty, language, dance, speech , sexy...
Those vibrant actresses who bid farewell to life while they were literally dazzling like stars at the peak of their career—we can remember them only with an unexplainable pain. Those who are passionate about...