How to Detect Faulty Car Braking System
The easiest way to tell when there is a fault in the braking system of your car is to observe for possible unusual occurrences. For example, observing your vehicle pulling to the left when ever you apply your brake, is enough for you to suspect a fault in the system. And the first thing to do in this case is to carefully drive the vehicle to a garage for adjustment. But before you could totally point to the case of a faulty brake, you must first consider checking the pressure of the tyres. Then you could move to investigate the balancing of the braking system.
Causes of irregular braking
Bad braking system could be suspected when the brake is unbalanced. Unbalancedbrakes may depend on some internal factors like whether the brake linings are wet, the piston is jammed in the cylinder, or in the case of overlised drums.
But you as the driver of the vehicle should be able to experience an abnormal situation if you have the habit of routinely observing the components of your Automobile. For example, you could tell that the brake is unbalanced when you observe the following during braking:
1. You will notice that the vehicle has become unstable
2. The process of locking takes place on only one wheel
3. You observe skidding on the side of the wheel that has locked
4. When there is an uneven wear on the thread
But the real causes of irregular braking systems are as summarised below:
1. Overheating of brake gaskets caused by long, too hard and repeated braking
2. When there is bubbles of air in the hydraulic braking circuit or system
3. Different inflation of tyre pressure within a single axle
4. When there is too much load or when the load not well distributed
5. Irregular wear on drums or discs, excess wear on brake gaskets, and total failure of the braking system
Brake Calipers for sale!
How to ensure an efficient Automobile braking system
Efficient braking of your car requires that you visit a car workshop to carry out some regular checks. These checks includes observing the braking capacity as follows:
1. Controlling the stroke of the brake pedal
2. Checking the locking capacity of the hand-brake
3. Checking if the braking system is balanced and
4. And detecting the thickness of the friction elements of the brake.
Measures to ensure traffic safety and accident prevention
Once you armed with information on your automotive braking system, the next thing is to adopt some precautions to guarantee traffic safety and prevention of accident. This involves understanding how to carry out some routine checks and being informed with certain information. Here is a simplified approach:
1. You should always check the level of the brake fluid. And also avoid overheating the brake through excessive usage.
2. You should check the brake pads and discs of your disc brakes and also regular checks on the condition of callipers and drums of the drum brakes.
3. You must also know that the balancing of the braking system is essential to prevent the car from skidding.
Apart from carrying out the routine checks prescribed above, you must be armed with the following information:
1. That the vacuum power-assisted brake (servo brake) is only effective when the engine of the car is working.
2. That the braking distance increases in four folds when the speed increases in two folds.
3. That the braking distance also increases when the road is wet.
- How to Tow your Broken down Car
- Understanding your Car braking System and Types of Brakes
- How to minimise your Car's Fuel Consumption and reduce Air Pollution
- Vehicular Noise Pollution: How to prevent It
- Chemistry of How Alcohol Testers Work
Chemical methods of ethanol identification and measurement in alcohol testers that involves oxidation-reduction reaction, electrochemical reaction, spectroscopy, and semiconductors.
More by this Author
using catalytic converters and better driving to save fuel and reduce air pollution in combustion and Diesel Engines.
Car stability:asons for poor road-holding, how to improve car road-holding, and how to control a skidding vehicle.
Removal of free fatty acid from vegetable oil using alkaline esterification and acid esterification.