How to Remove a Headlight and Motor in a 1991-94 Mercury Capri
One common issue with any 1991-94 Mercury Capri model is replacing and removing the small motor that lowers and raises the pop-up headlights. Over time, they cease working and that leaves the owner to replace it or manually raise or lower it. Luckily, the process is not hard. To remove the headlight, do the following:
- Raise the headlight and then open the hood.
- Remove the windshield washer reservoir or cooler reservoir, depending on which light.
- Remove the bezel and headlamp by removing the four screws retaining the outer bezel enclosing the entire headlight assembly. Do not touch the headlight adjusting screws.
- Remove headlight and unplug. Route the wiring away from the work area.
- Remove the screws and cover from headlight assembly.
- Remove the bolts retaining the headlight assembly to body. Do not adjust linkage.
To remove the headlight motor, do the following:
- Complete the above steps.
- Remove nut retaining linkage to motor.
- Remove three retaining bolts and motor.
More by this Author
The 1991-94 Mercury Capri could also have a hardtop installed for another $800. Without a hardtop, your fabric convertible top will wear out much faster in time since it is always exposed to the elements. So, consider...
Most convertible cars have their top folded in a certain way depending on the type of material and whether the rear window is glass or plastic. The 91-94 Mercury Capri convertible top is one single piece, including the...
Join this long list of consumer problems and complaints about this car. Most o the problems are on models pre-2009. Many sad stories.
No comments yet.