When is My Child Ready to Move to a Booster Seat?
You know it’s time to move to a booster seat when either your child has outgrown the weight limit and height limit on his/her carseat. Carseats have different weight/height/age limits, so be sure to check your stats before moving into a booster seat. We recently went through the process of finding a new booster seat and we decided on the Compass B500.
Your child is ready for this booster seat if they match all of the following criteria:
- They are three or older
- Are between 30 and 100 lbs.
- Are between 38-57 inches tall
We’re very happy with our purchase here are a few reasons why:
1. The head rest adjusts to six positions for different child heights and there isn’t a gap between the headrest and seat at different heights.
2. There are two tilted cup holders to accommodate the slope of a car’s seat. (My daughter loves this feature).
4. The seat is comfortable and cushy.
5. It is the only folding booster seat on the market and there is a handle to hold when traveling.
6. There are headrest wings that are made of EPS foam for protection in case of an accident and comfort when sleeping.
7. It’s reasonably priced at $89.99.
Here are a few disadvantages of the Compass B500:
1. The seat back doesn’t recline if your child falls asleep, but we haven’t had an issue with this.
2. This booster is not safe for airplane use or in a car without a shoulder harness. A lap belt is not sufficient for safety.
3. If you have three carseats in the back seat of your car it is difficult to click in the seatbelt next to another carseat.
Look here if you are interested in Britax carseats.
Look here if you are interested in a great traveling carseat.
More by this Author
Harvesting honey from your hive is a fun and exciting endeavor. Photos, videos, and step by step instructions to extracting honey from your backyard hive.
Buying the perfect gift for a 8 or 9 year old can be a challenge; I know, I have one! I've compiled a list of the best gifts that we have given and received for our 9 year old.
Book ideas, sample questions, and a step-by-step guide on how to start a book club for your child.