Tire Pressure Sensors: Drive Your Vehicle Safely, Drive Confidently, & Save Money
Tire Pressure Sensors: Designed for Safety
Once the cold winter weather sets in, the tires you drive on become more important for a number of reasons: traction and safety to name a couple. Even though most people regularly check their tire pressures--which tend to dip in periods of cold weather--making sure that all your vehicle’s tires are adequately inflated in order to safely navigate the slick roads of winter cannot be understated.
During a recent trip to a local tire and maintenance location, I glanced at an advertisement for tire pressure sensors. How, in all my years of driving, had I never heard of such a product? And such a beneficial product at that? Nevertheless, after reading what tire pressure monitoring systems offer in the case of added safety while driving, I was both intrigued and motivated to learn more. The information in this hub is what I found regarding tire pressure monitoring systems and how they increase the effectiveness and overall safety of your tires.
Tire Pressure Sensors: What They Do
In short, tire pressure sensors are designed for driver safety by gauging real-time, tire air pressure levels then alerting you when levels are too low or too high. Tire pressure monitoring systems perform the following:
- Provide continual pound per square inch (PSI) levels for all tires
- Relay PSI information to an in-cabin monitor
- Alert you, the driver, when PSI levels are out of range, thereby compromising tire integrity and your safety
Tire Pressure Sensors: The Benefits
The primary benefit of tire pressure monitoring systems is safety. This makes sense considering that your vehicle’s tires are the ONLY contact between your car and the road making tire integrity a critical ingredient for driver safety. Other safety benefits of tire pressure sensors are:
- Peace of mind: Simply knowing your tires are properly inflated creates driver confidence
- Constant PSI monitoring: Real-time PSI levels insure you know when tire pressures are becoming too low or too high
- PSI Alerts: Valuable safety information lets you know BEFORE a tire fails due to improper inflation
- Greater vehicle stability: Proper tire inflation increases overall vehicle integrity leading to less incidences of skidding or hydroplaning
Better Fuel Economy & Long-Term Money Savings:
In addition to increasing the safety of your tires and your vehicle, tire pressure sensors will save you money in the long run by increasing the life of your tires. Consider the following fuel-saving benefits of tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS):
- Reduce fuel use and save tire tread: This benefit, outside of safety, is huge for TPMS owners. When your tires are under inflated, they use more fuel. In addition, under and over inflated tires creates more wear, which leads to premature aging of the tire. Proper inflation can extend the life of your tires up t0 35% according to some reports.
- Properly inflated tires greatly reduce the chances of blowouts and tire tear; which is not only another HUGE safety benefit, but a money-saver as well. You simply don’t buy new tires as often; as well as reducing expensive roadside repairs and/or tow bills.
- Tire pressure sensors install in minutes (without tools) and can be easily transferred from one vehicle to another with no additional installation.
Environmentally Friendly & Green:
Environmentally-friendly is in. Products that promote smaller carbon footprints are not only good business, but good for the planet as well. Tire pressure sensors are one of these products. Why?
- Reduced tire wear due to tire pressure monitoring systems leads to longer tire life with less used tires (a known environmental hazard) in our land fills.
- Properly inflated tires, as mentioned previously, reduce fuel costs which, reduces carbon emissions. And that is better for the environment.
- Properly inflated tires are also less apt to blow, detread, or shred resulting in fewer on-road tire debris issues.
- Longer tire life, in short, means conserving more of our planet’s precious natural resources.
- Tire pressure sensors are indeed GREEN!
Tire Pressure Sensors: In Conclusion
The overall premise behind tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) is driver, passenger, and pedestrian safety. Throw in the added benefits of longer tire life, money savings, and having a positive impact on the environment and tire pressure sensors are simply a great product.
I’m glad I learned about them and you will too. Invest in your safety. Invest in a quality tire pressure monitoring system today. Your family, your wallet, and the environment will thank you!
More by this Author
- EDITOR'S CHOICE7
Lower back pain is one of the most common and debilitating conditions faced by millions each day. The purpose of this hub is to explain in somewhat layman's terms how muscle imbalances and weakness contribute to the...
To gardeners, whether or not to use mulch is rarely the question. How to choose the best garden mulch for your specific needs, however, can be. Using quality mulch in your garden or landscape is one of the most...
- EDITOR'S CHOICE71
MAKING THE DECISION: Deciding to purchase replacement windows for your home is a big deal. The cost can be quite high depending on what style and type of window you choose. So knowing the correct questions to ask is...