Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Current Cruisers
1) Yamaha Raider - I'm left speechless at the profound repulsiveness of this joke of a bike. Outside of the classic Road / Wild Star originating V-twin, every other piece on this machine is wrong in countless ways. The tiny flip up on the back of the front fender looks like it belongs on a tricycle, the fuel tank is placed way too far back leaving acres of frame exposed, and the entire rear half of the bike looks like a 750 lb. rider sat on it and scrunched it down. And there has never been an exhaust in the history of motorcycling that approached the depths of repugnance of the Raider's. If you block out everything ahead of the rear cylinder and behind the rear axle you'd be hard pressed to imagine that the mishmash of lines and angles you're looking at is a motorcycle at all! Better yet, do your eyes a favor and block out this entire revolto-cycle.
2) Hyosung Aquila - I guess I do have to forgive them a bit, as Seoul is a long way from Sturgis, but this is one helluva chrome-plated wreck on wheels. Why didn't they just save themselves some baby powder blue paint and just dip the whole damn bike in a chrome bath? From the pseudo Honda VTX headlight, to the wannabe V-Rod engine, to the Gold Wing radiator, to the Baby Rune front fender, to the horrendoscoops, to the single ugliest frame ever engineered, this is one Aquila that should be shot out of the sky.
3) Suzuki Boulevard M109R - As I stated in my earlier Hub on this Deformed Ematogenic Mutant, this is what happened when Dr. Emory Erickson, the creator of the Star Trek Transporter, cross circuited his transport buffers between a Suzuki C109R and a Hayabusa, resulting in a half human, half insect cross that even the hungriest spider wouldn't eat. This orange Halloween Horror is a complete waste of every ounce of its fat 700 pounds. The trick is on you if you buy one!
4) Harley Davidson Rocker C - Let's look at the front half first. It's pretty well standard Hawgly issue, with the front end kicked out a bit and a really bulging headlight (bring back the Sportster / Super Glide brow)! It's the rear half of this bike that completely falls apart. That form fitting rear fender is completely lopsided and doesn't even seem to fit the tire, the corrugated side cover is straight out of a Mahindra Jeep, but all of that ugliness can't possibly prepare you for that metal hand holding out a cocktail tray that is hanging off the front seat. For all of you that thought that the boattail was the ugliest thing ever hung on the back of a V-twin, my ol' bud Willie G. just outdid himself this time. An absolutely puke-inducing excuse for styling!
5) Kymco Venox - Pretty well everything that was said in the uglistakes about the Venox's compatriot, the Hyosung Aquila, can apply to this wheeled imbecility. Although they didn't splurge on the chrome budget to the extent of the Aquila, the styling is just as abhorrent, with the chrome paunch underneath the tank leading to a flatulent sidecover / fender which features a chrome blister for the rear shock! The shock is actually that this P.O.S. ever made it onto the dealership floors!
6) Ural Wolf - Everything on this bike is fairly standard Japanese cruiser an thus not really too strongly eliciting retching except when you get to the core of this Bike That Cried Wolf, the ridiculous Soviet era BMW boxer ripoff engine! Could anything look quite like this misshapen bulk with wires, doodads and whatchamacallits hanging off of it? The entire engine area looks like it belongs on one of those Chinese BMW clones. Why bother turning it into a cruiser? No self respecting American rider would be caught dead on this hunk of lupine lunacy!
7) Lifan Cruiser - It's not completely fair to just single out Lifan as it seems that there are at least several dozen Chinese manufacturers stamping out absolutely identical junkpiles. The formula is always the same: Bore out a Honda clone CB125 vertical single, stick on two sidemounted and bizarrely vertically spaced uneven exhausts, plunk on three or more headlights with brows and chrome and gimcracks, slap on a 3/4 scale Harley tank and there you have it. A bike guaranteed to make you lose your lunch!
8) Victory Kingpin - I really don't mind the oversized cylinder heads but a soon as you leave the engine bay on the Kingpin you run into a train wreck. The fender angles are more wrong than anything on this side of a Stratoliner, the exhaust should be sawed off before even venturing out of the dealership, the headlight should be set back on the VTX from where it was stolen, and the fuel tank... well... there just is no excuse for the fuel tank: a curved teardrop mess which is punified by the rest of the bulky bike. Victory, this is your defeat.
9) Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle - Just when you thought that Harley couldn't make their lunchbag letdown V-Rod any uglier, witness the Muscle! Although the jury is still out on whether the standard edition V-Rod is more repulsive or not, the Muscle's styling does seem to do just about everything wrong. The radiator shrouds are way oversized; the squarish exhaust is awful; the rear fender is flabby; the headlight is squashed back; and the scoopy thingies are actually pop riveted to a fuel tank that is nondescript and undersized. The only Muscle this bike evokes is a gag muscle.
10) Honda VTX - Too much Rune, not enough Cruiser. The massively ugly fenders need to go back onto the 1930s Phaetons where they originated, and the much copied headlight needs to go back to the prop department of Flash Gordon. And when will motorcycle stylists learn that you should never ever ever droop the rear end of a fuel tank?
Check out Hal's latest Hubs:
Also don't miss Hal's many other Motorcycling Hubs!
- An $85,000 Diesel Cruiser. But It Gets Great MPG!
- Could MPG Alone Get You On A 250 Cruiser?
- Nothing Exceeds Like Excess: Boss Hoss
- Same Bike, Different Name: Suzi Boulevard Vs. Kawi Vulcan
- The Biggest & Meanest: 2007 Kawasaki 2000 Vulcan
- The Wacky World Of Mini-Choppers
- Which Cruiser Engine Layout: A V-Twin Or Straight 3?
- 2007 Factory Choppers Buyer's Guide
- 2009 Yamaha V-Max VMX17: The wrong bike at the wrong time
- All the Fuel-Saving Devices that do nothing but rip you off
- American Vs. Metric Cruisers
- CanAm Spyder: 3-Wheel Cruiser Or Roadgoing Snowmobile?
- Finally! 2009 Official EPA Harley & Yamaha MPG Figures
- Hal's Master Motorcycle & Scooter MPG Reference Hub
- Harley Davidson's Outrageous Pricing Ripoffs
- Honda Fury vs. Yamaha Raider: Perfection Meets Grotesquerie
- How You Can Ride Captain America's Panhead
- Hypermile your motorcycle up to 179 MPG: No snake oil, no scams!
- Is it time to retire superbikes?
- Motorcycle Ergonomics: Getting That Kink Out
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: BMW
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Ducati
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Harley-Davidson Big Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Harley-Davidson Sportsters & Below 1201 cc
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Boxers & Sixes
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Off Road
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Street Singles
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Transverse Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda V-Fours & CBRs
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Vertical Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Ninjas
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Singles
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Vertical Twins, Fours & Sixes
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Vulcans
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki Singles & Vertical Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki Sports & Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Triumph
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha Sports & Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha Vertical Singles, Twins & Triples
- Motorcycle nostalgia items I would gladly pay $$$ for!
- MPG Guide: The Fuel Economy Of 700 Top Selling Motorcycles
- MPG Guide: The Fuel Economy Of 250 Top Selling Scooters
- Pugang 125: The motorcycle built by starving slave laborers
- Revolutionary Harley Trike Has 2 Front Wheels That Lean
- Riding Your Bike For Maximum MPG
- R.I.P. XLH: How Could Harley Kill Off The Traditional Sportster?
- Sportster Iron 883: The Bike That Won't Save Harley
- Styling: Why Harleys Look Right & BMW Sedans Look Wrong
- Suzuki 350 runs on water. Pigs fly. Film at 11.
- Suzuki-ENV Hydrogen Fuel Cell Motorcycle?
- Suzuki's 2008 1300 And 1800 Deformed Emetogenic Mutants
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Sportsbikes
- The 25 Wackiest Motorcycles Of All Time
- The Current State Of Solar Powered Motorcycles
- The new 123 MPG Champ: Yamaha Zuma!
- There's no zen in the art of motorcycle maintenance
- Top 10 Japanese Street-Legal Bikes Of All Time
- Top 10 Ugliest Motorcycles Of All Time
- Top 10 Tips For New Motorcycle Riders
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Bizarrobikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Current Cruisers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Golden Age Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Hypermotards
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Naked Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Older Cruisers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Supermotards
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Tourers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Vintage Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles In History - The Ultimate List!
- Top 50 Best MPG Motorcycles
- Tri Glide Trike Leads Harley Davidson's 2009 Lineup
- Why Motorcycle Manufacturers Missed Out On MPG Mania
- Why the VMX17, Hayabusa And Similar Bikes Should Be Off The Streets
More by this Author
A reliable, fun, street legal brand new 100cc Honda that gets 100 mpg and costs under $1,000? If Honda was smart enough to bring it from India to North America, they'd sell by the thousands!
This is the definitive guide to the fuel economy of the 250 top-selling motor scooters from 50cc to 800cc expressed in mpg and km/l.
One represents styling which is very close to "chopper perfection" and the other is designed by some 13 year old buzzed on Ritalin and meth.