Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Naked Bikes
1) Suzuki B-King - Every time I see a Burger King commercial, I half expect the King to straddle this bike and roar off into the sunset. Unfortunately this bike is not being ridden off and out of my sight, as it is the most repulsive conglomeration of witless hideousness since Pandora. Everything south of the mirrors is a slapped together, ill-fitting, incongrous muddle which looks like someone ran a horseshoe magnet over the hard drive holding the Suzuki CAD files. Is that a headlight, or is that a Battlestar Galactica Space Helmet? And what are those wingscoops on the side of the tank? And what is that huge metal cylinder stuck up its butt? All I know is that it's B for Butt-Ugly!
2) Triumph Rocket III - I think it's quite telling that within a year of premiering this horrific hodgepodge of visual violation, the folks at Triumph were forced to issue a somewhat more conventionally styled Triumph Rocket III Touring which covered over at least some of the original's staggering faux pas, such as the triple lumped chrome tumor displacing the left hand side of the fuel tank. As a tourer, the Rocket III seems to work a tiny bit better from the aesthetic standpoint, but it is still complete lunacy to straddle 2.3 litres on two wheels when that much displacement would power three Smart Car engines. The best thing that Triumph could do with its original Rocket III is to just bite the bullet, acknowledge that it was too ugly to live, and take it out of its misery. With another bullet.
3) Ducati Monster - Alright, so they acknowledge that it's a monster, but I think that they were referring to monstrous power rather than monstrous looks. This girder bridge with a squished in headlight and aerodynamic Mickey Mouse ear mirrors is one of the most repulsive motley mishmashes ever wrapped around the venerable V-twin Ducati powerplant. This is one monster that's way too frightening to contemplate.
4) QLink Legacy - This Asian P.O.S. is wrong in so many ways that it would overflow Hubpages' servers just to list them all. I honestly don't know what that whacked out shroud thing is over the engine bay, but I can assure you that it's there so that you won't see the weenie excuse for a mini engine that hides inside. Ugly may usually only be skin deep, but in the Legacy, it runs right down to the bone!
5) Yamaha MT-01 - Please tell me that there really is a V-twin under this assemblage of tractor parts! Looking like it just went through a John Deere warehouse with a magnet, the MT-01 has the record for the thinnest and most ridiculous fuel tank in creation. Is that a pull-out drawer in the top frame member, and is that the oil pan from a 1944 KV95 Soviet Tank in the front leading edge of the crankcase? Of all the Japanese manufacturers, Yamaha seems to be the one that has lost the plot far more than the others, and the MT-01 shows that in spades.
6) Bimota Delirio - Delirio is Italian for Delirious and that's exactly what the stylists were when they designed this snarled and tangled medley of junk. Taking the red girder look from the Ducati Monster gallery to absurd extremes, even red-girdering the footpegs and swingarm, Bimota has shown that they are fighting hard for the privilege of megaugliness. I don't know what that headlight cowl is and it kind of looks like there might be an old lantern in there, but the entire design of this motorcycle leaves me wondering just what the heck they're snorting at Bimota.
7) Aprilia Shiver - Yes, it does send shivers down your spine, much in the same way as watching all the Saw movies back to back. This Naked or Sportsbike or Supermotard or whatever the hell it is certainly redefines the outer limits of ugly, with its massively chaotic incoherent curves and angles, the thick frame tubes that break down into triangulated girders, and a headlight that looks like it belongs in an entomology collection. Is that the compound eye from an Eupalaestrus campestratus tarantula?
8) BMW D1200R - Why does the front fork have a yellow housing that looks like a yellow leg and foot? Why does it look like the front area around the headlight and instruments was epoxied together and it slipped while drying? Why does the horizontal frame member look like it was heated and bent? Why do some of the angles remind me of the Yamaha Raider, a bike so ugly that it can traumatize small children and puppies? And why did a famous and respected marque like BMW produce such crap?
9) MV Agusta Brutale - This Brutal Behemoth doesn't even have the ugloriginality to come up with its own massive ugliness, but it actually steals the red girder setup from the Duck Monster! However, MV does put in some touches of its own, like a flaccid headlight housing and a black bottom tank shroud that doesn't match any other curve on the bike. Since MV Agusta is now a stablemate of Buell in the Hawgly family, we can look forward to pushing the envelope of terminally ugly even more in the future!
10) Aprilia 6.5 - The original concept wasn't bad. Since motorcycles have to have round wheels, why not style the rest of the bike in complimentary curves? Unfortunately the execution could suck start a Caterpillar D9. All the curves are wrong, the fuel tank resembles a morbidly obese man suntanning on his back, and to add insult to injury the whole bike is painted industrial greasy gray except for the front half vertical of the tank? This isn't just bizarre, it's positively cracked!
Check out Hal's latest Hubs:
Also don't miss Hal's many other Motorcycling Hubs!
- An $85,000 Diesel Cruiser. But It Gets Great MPG!
- Could MPG Alone Get You On A 250 Cruiser?
- Nothing Exceeds Like Excess: Boss Hoss
- Same Bike, Different Name: Suzi Boulevard Vs. Kawi Vulcan
- The Biggest & Meanest: 2007 Kawasaki 2000 Vulcan
- The Wacky World Of Mini-Choppers
- Which Cruiser Engine Layout: A V-Twin Or Straight 3?
- 2007 Factory Choppers Buyer's Guide
- 2009 Yamaha V-Max VMX17: The wrong bike at the wrong time
- All the Fuel-Saving Devices that do nothing but rip you off
- American Vs. Metric Cruisers
- CanAm Spyder: 3-Wheel Cruiser Or Roadgoing Snowmobile?
- Finally! 2009 Official EPA Harley & Yamaha MPG Figures
- Hal's Master Motorcycle & Scooter MPG Reference Hub
- Harley Davidson's Outrageous Pricing Ripoffs
- Honda Fury vs. Yamaha Raider: Perfection Meets Grotesquerie
- How You Can Ride Captain America's Panhead
- Hypermile your motorcycle up to 179 MPG: No snake oil, no scams!
- Is it time to retire superbikes?
- Motorcycle Ergonomics: Getting That Kink Out
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: BMW
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Ducati
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Harley-Davidson Big Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Harley-Davidson Sportsters & Below 1201 cc
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Boxers & Sixes
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Off Road
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Street Singles
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Transverse Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda V-Fours & CBRs
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Vertical Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Ninjas
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Singles
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Vertical Twins, Fours & Sixes
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Vulcans
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki Singles & Vertical Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki Sports & Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Triumph
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha Sports & Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha Vertical Singles, Twins & Triples
- Motorcycle nostalgia items I would gladly pay $$$ for!
- MPG Guide: The Fuel Economy Of 700 Top Selling Motorcycles
- MPG Guide: The Fuel Economy Of 250 Top Selling Scooters
- Pugang 125: The motorcycle built by starving slave laborers
- Revolutionary Harley Trike Has 2 Front Wheels That Lean
- Riding Your Bike For Maximum MPG
- R.I.P. XLH: How Could Harley Kill Off The Traditional Sportster?
- Sportster Iron 883: The Bike That Won't Save Harley
- Styling: Why Harleys Look Right & BMW Sedans Look Wrong
- Suzuki 350 runs on water. Pigs fly. Film at 11.
- Suzuki-ENV Hydrogen Fuel Cell Motorcycle?
- Suzuki's 2008 1300 And 1800 Deformed Emetogenic Mutants
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Sportsbikes
- The 25 Wackiest Motorcycles Of All Time
- The Current State Of Solar Powered Motorcycles
- The new 123 MPG Champ: Yamaha Zuma!
- There's no zen in the art of motorcycle maintenance
- Top 10 Japanese Street-Legal Bikes Of All Time
- Top 10 Ugliest Motorcycles Of All Time
- Top 10 Tips For New Motorcycle Riders
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Bizarrobikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Current Cruisers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Golden Age Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Hypermotards
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Naked Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Older Cruisers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Supermotards
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Tourers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Vintage Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles In History - The Ultimate List!
- Top 50 Best MPG Motorcycles
- Tri Glide Trike Leads Harley Davidson's 2009 Lineup
- Why Motorcycle Manufacturers Missed Out On MPG Mania
- Why the VMX17, Hayabusa And Similar Bikes Should Be Off The Streets
More by this Author
A reliable, fun, street legal brand new 100cc Honda that gets 100 mpg and costs under $1,000? If Honda was smart enough to bring it from India to North America, they'd sell by the thousands!
You can buy a brand-new replica version of Peter Fonda's iconic Captain America Easy Rider chopper. Let's see if you can't turn heads at the Burger Stop with this ride!
This is the definitive guide to the fuel economy of the 250 top-selling motor scooters from 50cc to 800cc expressed in mpg and km/l.