Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Supermotards
1) Yamaha MT-03 - Here it is, folks! The bike that put 'Tard in Supermotard. The sheer ugliness of this abortion on wheels challenges even my considerable vocabulary. There isn't a single part on this entire motorcycle that doesn't deserve to be in a scrap heap, or looks like it just came from one. This is the bike that Tony Stark would have built in the Afghan Cave if he didn't have enough sheet metal to cobble together the Iron Man suit. What the hell was Yamaha thinking?
2) KTM 690 LC4 - This original member of the Top 10 Ugliest List has dropped down a notch. Not because time has made it look any less repugnant, but because even its Halloween colors, Kindergarten graphics, teakettle exhaust pipe, faux motocross seat stretching almost to the triple clamp, and the Spy Vs. Spy proboscis nose thing, can't quite compare to revulsion caused by the number one bike on this list.
3) Yamaha Scorpio - I'm embarrassed to state that the ancestor of this monstrous creation was my own very beloved and profoundly missed Yamaha XT500. The Scorpio is an XT500 that has been exposed to massive radiation and mutated. The Persian Cat Nose headlight and microfairing, the buzzsaw front disk brake, the upswept, guaranteed to sear your thighs exhaust, the tilted crunch your family jewels seat, the overwide rad shroud, the tank stolen from an old Moto Guzzi Nevada... I could just go on and on...
4) KTM Duke - I thought that KTM was an Austrian motorcycle manufacturer! What are they doing selling origami? The KTM Duke is truly one of the most misshapen, ridiculous, atomic-wedgy design ever dreamed up under the influence of serious hallucinogens. And if the styling wasn't vomit-inducing enough, they painted it with that black and white pattern to emphasize the horrific angles in case you missed them at first look. KTM's stylists need a visit from another famous Austrian: The Terminator!
5) Aprilia SMV - Weren't Italians supposed to be able to design beautiful vehicles? What about the Ferrari Daytona? How could they foist on the motorcycling world this two wheeled stupidity? The bottom of the frame looks like it was made of melted caramel, it adheres firmly to the proboscis leading to the radiator shroud school of design, and don't even get me started on that matte black front wheel saddle fender. Aprilia, you have shamed all of Italy with this one!
6) Suzuki DR-Z - Just when it seemed that Suzuki was going to stick with a more or less "conventional" styling for their Supermotard, they ended up painting it in the most atrocious combination of lemon granita yellow and about seven dozen shades of blue. To make things worse, they forgot to paint the side covers (even in yellow... anything at all...), and the fork legs look like copper spatulas that have been dipped in custard! Who would want to be caught dead on this yellow monster? Not me, thanks!
7) Husqvarna 610THE - OK, so let's see if I get this straight. The idea of supermotard is to emulate motocross styling but fitted with racing style street tires, right? What for? In order to jump sidewalks and run over pedestrians? Supermotard is for Superretards, and there are few better ways of illustrating that point than this wedgy, angular, misfitting aberration.
8) Aprilia SXV - At least Husky tried the somewhat trendy street-y Joseph Coat Of Many Colors style on their miserable excuse for a Supermotard, but Aprilia didn't even show that restraint and went with a full out Supercross graphics job that graduates a really ugly bike absolutely into repulsive territory.
9) Suzuki DRBIG - This appalling mixed up thing from hell featured a proboscis that would have made a KTM 690 LC4 proud with a mini popped up windscreen that does nothing except make the bike look even goofier. What's the point of having an upswept exhaust pipe when you have street tires and a tight fitting front fender?
10) Kawasaki KLR 650 - Anyone who designs a motorcycle with a brown saddle and then mixes it with white and green semi-camo paintjob and then proceeds to slather that mess atop a peaked "morning wood under the sheets" tank and a completely useless minifairing deserves to be raking latrines for a living. Most of the KLR variants were just about as butt ugly as this model, and let's not forget the hideous Tengai!
Check out Hal's latest Hubs:
Also don't miss Hal's many other Motorcycling Hubs!
- An $85,000 Diesel Cruiser. But It Gets Great MPG!
- Could MPG Alone Get You On A 250 Cruiser?
- Nothing Exceeds Like Excess: Boss Hoss
- Same Bike, Different Name: Suzi Boulevard Vs. Kawi Vulcan
- The Biggest & Meanest: 2007 Kawasaki 2000 Vulcan
- The Wacky World Of Mini-Choppers
- Which Cruiser Engine Layout: A V-Twin Or Straight 3?
- 2007 Factory Choppers Buyer's Guide
- 2009 Yamaha V-Max VMX17: The wrong bike at the wrong time
- All the Fuel-Saving Devices that do nothing but rip you off
- American Vs. Metric Cruisers
- CanAm Spyder: 3-Wheel Cruiser Or Roadgoing Snowmobile?
- Finally! 2009 Official EPA Harley & Yamaha MPG Figures
- Hal's Master Motorcycle & Scooter MPG Reference Hub
- Harley Davidson's Outrageous Pricing Ripoffs
- Honda Fury vs. Yamaha Raider: Perfection Meets Grotesquerie
- How You Can Ride Captain America's Panhead
- Hypermile your motorcycle up to 179 MPG: No snake oil, no scams!
- Is it time to retire superbikes?
- Motorcycle Ergonomics: Getting That Kink Out
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: BMW
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Ducati
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Harley-Davidson Big Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Harley-Davidson Sportsters & Below 1201 cc
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Boxers & Sixes
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Off Road
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Street Singles
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Transverse Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda V-Fours & CBRs
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Honda Vertical Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Ninjas
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Singles
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Vertical Twins, Fours & Sixes
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Kawasaki Vulcans
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki Singles & Vertical Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki Sports & Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Suzuki V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Triumph
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha Sports & Fours
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha V-Twins
- Motorcycle MPG Guide: Yamaha Vertical Singles, Twins & Triples
- Motorcycle nostalgia items I would gladly pay $$$ for!
- MPG Guide: The Fuel Economy Of 700 Top Selling Motorcycles
- MPG Guide: The Fuel Economy Of 250 Top Selling Scooters
- Pugang 125: The motorcycle built by starving slave laborers
- Revolutionary Harley Trike Has 2 Front Wheels That Lean
- Riding Your Bike For Maximum MPG
- R.I.P. XLH: How Could Harley Kill Off The Traditional Sportster?
- Sportster Iron 883: The Bike That Won't Save Harley
- Styling: Why Harleys Look Right & BMW Sedans Look Wrong
- Suzuki 350 runs on water. Pigs fly. Film at 11.
- Suzuki-ENV Hydrogen Fuel Cell Motorcycle?
- Suzuki's 2008 1300 And 1800 Deformed Emetogenic Mutants
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Sportsbikes
- The 25 Wackiest Motorcycles Of All Time
- The Current State Of Solar Powered Motorcycles
- The new 123 MPG Champ: Yamaha Zuma!
- There's no zen in the art of motorcycle maintenance
- Top 10 Japanese Street-Legal Bikes Of All Time
- Top 10 Ugliest Motorcycles Of All Time
- Top 10 Tips For New Motorcycle Riders
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Bizarrobikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Current Cruisers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Golden Age Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Hypermotards
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Naked Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Older Cruisers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Supermotards
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Tourers
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles - 10 Vintage Bikes
- Top 100 Ugliest Motorcycles In History - The Ultimate List!
- Top 50 Best MPG Motorcycles
- Tri Glide Trike Leads Harley Davidson's 2009 Lineup
- Why Motorcycle Manufacturers Missed Out On MPG Mania
- Why the VMX17, Hayabusa And Similar Bikes Should Be Off The Streets
More by this Author
Here are the ten worst rubbish, detritus, mutant, flotsam and jetsam throwaway scrap metal piles of offensive sewage junk Naked Bikes that will have you pleading for them to put some clothes ON!
This is the definitive guide to the fuel economy of the 250 top-selling motor scooters from 50cc to 800cc expressed in mpg and km/l.
The one and only real Braciola: a slice of prime, lean mega-pounded beef, filled with the most delectable mixture on Earth; rolled, browned and then simmered in sauce all day long! Yum!