Top Five Car Annoyances
The Cars - Drive
Gary Numan - Cars
LL Cool J - The Boomin' System
Seems like everyone has a car there are so many different types on the roads and traffic is constantly at a standstill especially in major cities. As far as cars go I really don’t have a problem with cars personally mostly my problems are with the owners of the cars from bad driving to bad decision making there is a wide variety of annoyances that I have with car owners. Here are my top ten pet peeves that does not include driving mistakes (because I could go on and on about people’s driving skills or lack there of).
- LUXURY CARS – Now I do not have a problem with luxury cars personally. There are some really nice vehicles out there, I just choose to drive vehicles that are affordable; its personal choice of course. However what bothers me to no end are luxury cars in front of run down homes or apartments. This just sends a strange message of I take better care of my car then where I live. This is a concept that I have never understood.
- MULTIPLE CARS - Having more than one car can be a luxury especially if you have a family. However what is completely annoying are the three or ten cars parked in front of a house (or on the front yard, in the back yard and on the side of the house). The problem is that maybe only one of the cars actually runs while the others have missing parts or are rusted, and of course the hood is constantly up like its being worked on. Nothing better than a car graveyard to improve the quality of the neighborhood.
- HUGE TIRES – I find the vehicles with the huge tires, tires so big that the driver could actually hurt themselves jumping down, completely annoying. I am a short girl so I have to jump down from my vehicle but it’s a short drop. If you need more than 3 rungs to get up into your vehicle and it’s not an RV or a bus of some type then there is definitely a problem. You know what they say about guys who drive trucks with big wheels.
- SHINY RIMS – Now I like a nice looking car something that is well maintained however being a parent this is not always top priority or easy to do. I do my best to keep my car clean on the inside and out (I am sure there are a few goldfish or cheerios floating around in the back seat somewhere). I am not a shiny rim girl but I do take notice of cars with rims. Lately I have been noticing vehicles with only one or two new rims. This makes no sense to me at all. Why not wait until you have all four rims then put them on your car? Putting them on one at a time just looks completely wrong.
- BOOMIN’ SYSTEMS – Now I love music just as much as the next person and having a good sound system in your car is great. I wouldn’t say it’s the most important thing in the world but it can make life nicer. What I cannot understand are the cars with the systems that cost ten times the amount of the car itself. The situation that really blew my mind was the 1980 Pacer I saw that had a top of the line system put in it. I was not sure how the car held together with the bass boomin, but somehow it did.
Cars are a luxury and I completely understand that owners want to make the most of what they have. But when you are spending more time and money on your car then is necessary or then makes sense you have to step back and wonder. Do I really need a luxury car when my house is run down? Do I really need another broke down car in my front yard? Do I really need a ladder to climb in and out of my car? Should I really have rims on my car if I can only afford one or two of them? Do I really need a system in my car that costs more than the car is worth? The answer to each and every one of these questions is no because there is not a need for any of these things.
More by this Author
The 70s is filled with Female Singers. From Aretha Franklin to Deborah Harry. There were so many influential women in several different music genres that have made a significant impact on today's music.
Elizabeth Taylor was a true icon; a symbol of beauty and elegance. So its not surprising that Elizabeth Taylor had many love interests. So who were these many men?
There are five cartoons that I do not let my children watch. These cartoons have no educational value and in most cases are a bit graphic in nature. The five cartoons are Ed Edd n Eddy, The Grim Adventures of Billy and...