What to do to Improve the Stability and Roadholding of your Car
There are so many factors affecting the Road-holding of a vehicle. Some are related to the way the driver is driving the vehicle, while others are the direct consequence of the condition of the vehicle or the nature of the Road. But what ever is the case, we should be able to In-formations from this Hub that will be instrumental for a better and safer driving.
Every car and Automobile should have a good road-holding. A vehicle (when driven in the right way) is said to be stable when in motion, if it fulfils the following conditions:
1. Does not cause an agitation or discomfort to passengers or does not destroy or displace materials and load on board.
2. When it follows the course, directed by the driver, to a high degree.
Reasons for poor road-holding
For us to be able to give solutions to possible poor road-holding of an automobile, we should first and foremost understand the problem, hence, the factors responsible for poor road-holding. The most popular has to do with the nature of the Tyres. Although, Over-inflated and under-inflated tyres could reduce the grip of the tyres on the road, an uneven road could result to a reduced grip even in situations where the Tyres are well gaged.
The Shock absorbers and Suspensions also have their own roles to play in Road-holding. Inefficient status of both could reduce the grip on road. Also, there is the case of unbalanced distribution of loads in the vehicle. Allowing the load to exert their weight on one side of the vehicle is capable of agitating it.
Finally, the incidence of unbalanced wheels and insufficient toe-in of the Wheels are not capable of reducing road-holding and deleting any positive effect the Tyres might have had.
Video: Some Advice on Road-grip
How to improve road-holding when cornering
Now let's talk about the solution. To guarantee stability when cornering, you should adopt the following rules:
1. You should either desist from carrying luggage on the roof or reduce it to a minimum level.
2. Make it your habit to always reduce speed before every bend.
3. You should take a wide bend when there is no sufficient time to minimise the speed before a bend.
4. You must always avoid swerving the vehicle sharply.
5. Ensure that your Tyres are of suitable tread thickness.
6. Always drive at moderate speed on narrow bend.
Inflate your Tyres in a simplified way
How to control a skidding Vehicle
Poor road-holding might cause the vehicle to begin to slide uncontrollably out of its ideal path. Most drivers are usually confused when they are faced with this situation. This Hub is presenting this as a remedy for individuals who might find themselves in this situation.
A skidding vehicle is controllable. All you need do is to adopt the three simple rules:
1. Relax and get ready to take swift control of the situation.
2. Ease of the Brake - Drivers tend to go for the brake as the first attempt to prevent an accident. But the braking effect could either be the cause or might be complicating the situation. Hence, the first thing to do is to ease of the Brake.
3. Leave the clutch engaged - Clutching down is one of the greatest risk to take when a vehicle is skidding. You should leave the clutch engaged and take control of the steering.
- How to minimise your Car's Fuel Consumption and reduce Air Pollution
- How to Tow your Broken down Car
- Vehicular Noise Pollution: How to prevent It
- Understanding your Car braking System and Types of Brakes
- How to Detect Faulty Automobile Braking Systems and Ways to Avoid Accident
- Safe Driving: Auto Steering and Suspension
More by this Author
Uses of Palm wine in bakery and food Preservation, Types of Palm Trees for making Palm Wine, Social-cultural impact of Palm Wine.
using catalytic converters and better driving to save fuel and reduce air pollution in combustion and Diesel Engines.
Benefits of edible Maggots that includes; nutritional value of palm tree weevil larvae, Larvae Recipe, and environmental and social impact.