Winter Driving Tips-Learn How to Drive Through a SnowStorm
Learn To Drive In A Snow Storm
It doesn't necessarily happen often but times do pop up when it becomes useful to have information about how to drive through a snowstorm. Its not one of those things that people can just go outside and practice and then be good at it. Learning to drive in a snowstorm does take practice but it also takes listening to tips from others who have driven through them before.
If you live in any kind of snow country, milder snowstorms can prepare you for the most treacherous ones. Because the most severe snowstorms where snow and wind are causing havac on the roads are the ones where the tips come in handy.
10 Tips For Driving In A Snowstorm
Some of the most common things that make driving dangerous in a snowstorm are snow covered roads and wind that is blowing snow around making visibility difficult and sometimes almost impossible. Sometimes wet snow sticks to the windshield wipers causing even more problems. Slippery or slushy roads make driving difficult.
So what are some of the tips people can use
1. Make sure you have good tires on your car especially in the winter months
2. Put winter wiper blades on your car
3. Keep a blanket, extra gloves, jumper cables and flare lights in your car somewhere.
4. Drive slowly in snowy weather
5. Keep at least 4 car lengths between your car and the car ahead
6. Turn lights on even in the daytime
7. Follow the lights of the car in front of you.
8. Follow tracks on the road
9. Keep track of where the telephone poles are so that you can kind of tell where the road is if visibility is that bad.
10. When starting to slide, pump the breaks a little bit.
Use Caution When Driving In The Snow
It can be a little scary to drive through a severe snowstorm but caution and taking time can help get us where we want to go.
If living in an area where it snows a lot, we learn to drive in the snow from a young age. People who move to a snowy area but have not learned to drive in that area may have a tougher time at first. Just be careful.
More by this Author
Many times people ask, "how many laps should I swim for a good water workout?"
best physical education activities and PE games for elementary children
That's why it's important to make sure to come up with great Physical Education activities and PE Games for Grade School Through High School