MissMelissaK profile image 86

Is the dealership trying to rip me off?

I would like to buy a 2013 Chevrolet Spark. The sticker price is $14,300. He told me that it's only a couple of hundred above invoice. According to truecar.com that is not true. Also, they offered me two scenarios with bad credit. One was a $3,000 deposit with $350 x 72 payments. The other was a $4,000 deposit with $325 x 72 payments. My trade in is a Ford Escape 2007 in good condition. I owe $7,225 on it. I have negative equity in the vehicle. I owe more than it's worth by $1,000 and then they have to resell it so its more like $3,000. I have 92k miles on it.

David R Bradley profile image93

David R Bradley says

• cfin profile image

cfin 3 years ago

And no, I am not way off. I also have to feed my family and half the inquiries on my credit were illegal and put their by shady dealership. I have also helped dozens of people who have been burned by them. I have facts, you have opinions.

• cfin profile image

cfin 3 years ago

Agreed

MissMelissaK profile image86

MissMelissaK says

• cfin profile image

cfin 3 years ago

Yup.

• MissMelissaK profile image

MissMelissaK 3 years ago

Ah thanks. The reason why is because my new job requires me to travel 50 miles a day. I thought that a nice econo car would cut my gas bill in half because the Escape gets 20 mpg and the Spark can get up to 47 mpg.

cfin profile image75

cfin says

• cfin profile image

cfin 3 years ago

Also, avoid their "extra warranties" like the plague.