Which Car to Buy - Maruti Ritz ZXI or New Swift ZXI BSIV
New technology and latest trends are always in favor than outdated ones and same is the case with automotive. I confess I am just like an ordinary Indian car lover like you. I am saying this because one year ago when Ritz was launched (May 15, 2009), I compared Ritz and Swift and wrote some points that are totally opposite to that I am writing today. My views about Ritz have dramatically changed in a span of one year just because this lovely car has outdated other cars in its segment and has been on everyone’s mind these days including me. Previously, I found Ritz back to be ugly as if it was banged from behind by another car but now after some research I have found that its exteriors match European standard of cars as they are aerodynamically built for more grip on roads on high speeds. Plus there are many more things in my mind, which have changed from previously, and now I think Ritz is better than new Swift with K-series engine. Now read on the points I have listed below on both these cars. Again the decision is in your hands, which car to buy - Swift or Ritz.
Seven Advantages of Buying Maruti Ritz Zxi
- ZXI is a good value for money (forget about Auto Climate Control as you are not going to spend your life in the same car).
- Aerodynamically built exteriors inspired from European car models (called as Splash in Europe). Some car buyers in India are not appreciating Ritz because they are like a flock of sheep, one takes and other follows and mostly don’t welcome a change or a new trend including me taking into consideration what I wrote when Ritz was launched initially).
- Jewel of engine because it is almost silent without any noise.
- Stability at approximately 165 kilometers per hour. While Maruti Swift gets a feeling of sailing boat after 150 kilometers per hour.
- Interiors are best in class. Rear leg space is even more than Swift and of course Chevrolet Beat.
- Tall body design plus high seats give a Toyota Innova experience; the only in class not even Swift.
- Boot Space is approximately 240 liters, kinda 8 liters more than Swift but after folding the rear seats in Ritz boot space is 540 liters but in Swift even after folding boot space only 415 liters.
- Also, as mentioned by Abhijith in the comment section below I am adding one more point that RITZ is the only car in the Indian market having electromagnetic radiation resistance which is a plus point.
Two Disadvantages of Buying Maruti Ritz Zxi
1. Cup holders.
2. Rear visibility. Rear sensors are not there for congested areas.
Two Advantages of New Swift Zxi BSIV
1. Swift’s design has been admired mostly.
2. Regarding engine, it has new K-series engine, which is also in Ritz so I feel not to comment.
Two Disadvantages of New Swift Zxi BSIV
1. Swift ZXI: Everything in Ritz plus Auto Climate Control AC is equal to 50k extra bucks, certainly not value for money.
2. Rear leg space even less than Maruti Ritz. Also the low height rear seats give a definite claustrophobic effect (rear seats high in Ritz).
3. Swift is very common these days. Ritz is the latest passion.
4. Power and torque in New Swift have remained same.
Which car to buy – Shopping for Ritz or Swift
The tires on the Ritz are identical to those on Swift, 165s for the LXI and VXI variants and 185s for the ZXI. The softer setup, however, means that the Ritz lacks the Swift’s sporty edge. Straight-line stability and road holding are good but the rear tends to pitch on an undulating surface at speed. The softer suspension settings and tall stance results in considerable body roll but you always have a sense of control at any speed. Key to the secure feeling, the Ritz imparts is the steering which has none of the dead feel around the straight-ahead position you find in the Swift. The Ritz’s steering feels linear, precise and shows how electric steering (EPS) has dramatically improved.
Maruti’s Ritz is cheaper than its own Swift and priced competitively with the rest of the segment. This car blends a super combination of stellar engines with more space, comfort, and practicality, offering great value for money.
More by this Author
Are you afraid of driving a standard transmission car? If yes then read this article that I have written especially for beginners who want to kick start driving a standard transmission car. I have provided step by step...
Recently, a friend of mine asked me that I have been driving Maruti Alto Lxi since last four years now and I want to sell my old car. I would like buy a new car in the budget of 3.5 lacs and my father is really...
In very simple terms, PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a genetic problem with various hormonal manifestations. It presents with a rainbow of symptoms, including: difficulty losing weight, a tendency to gain...