jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you a AAA member?

1. MomsTreasureChest profile image76
    MomsTreasureChestposted 4 years ago

If so, do you have the basic membership or the higher premium membership?

2. carol7777 profile image86
    carol7777posted 4 years ago

We do have AAA and pay top premium because we have older cars. It seems worth it to us.

3. SoManyPaths profile image60
    SoManyPathsposted 4 years ago

I had basic membership. But I switched to Progressive. I don't use AAA's other benefits or savings very much so all I needed was car insurance. Basically I hated all their 4 new pieces of mail for a small policy change & junk mail (even when I opted out it was still sent) so I switched. Yes, I am a tree hugger.  Seriously, we'd have 1/3 of our paper mail come from AAA. AT least the credit card companies do what they say when you opt out (for me smile )

4. cat on a soapbox profile image80
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

We,ve had basic membership for over 40 years.  This is for roadside assistance, travel books, discounts,  notary, and other less-complicated DMV services.

5. classicalgeek profile image87
    classicalgeekposted 4 years ago

I have AAA and love it. When I had an older car, a few times it had to be towed. More importantly, I go to a lot of networking meetings and at least once a year someone gets locked out of their car. I pull out my AAA membership and call for them, and they usually show their gratitude by referring me a few new clients. Since I live alone, I don't really have people to call in a roadside emergency, and AAA adds a level of security.

In addition, I use their trip planning services and they do have an awful lot of discounts on stuff I use! Also they have an auto mechanic membership service (the mechanics are members) and in order to stay in the AAA mechanic membership, a shop has to have a 97% customer satisfaction rate.

I have just the basic membership (oh, and I have their auto insurance, too, which saved me more than $400 a year).

6. atechwiz profile image82
    atechwizposted 4 years ago

No I am not.  I had considered it but then instead I went with GM Motor Club.  Similar options, similar costs, similar benefits.

7. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

While in PA I didn't want AAA roadside dudes messing with my buggy, so I got the more popular ABRS instead - the service only cost a few favors instead dollars!
    So remember ABRS - the Amish Buggy Repair Service also caters for those who prefer to harness the greater horsepower gained from modified or lowered plough horses and all their assist crews carry full nosebags! lol