jump to last post 1-28 of 28 discussions (43 posts)

Does your car has a name?

1. VJnator profile image60
    VJnatorposted 8 years ago

Well, cruising through Metro Atlanta and the daily traffic congestion gives me time to observe a lot of unique license plate configurations. If it is now "KINGPIN" or "LadyBug" or something else I can read from the rear of a car - I am actually more interested if you have named your car, motorcycle, boat, etc.

So I am for example named my MINI Cooper S "RUDOLPH". Now your question certainly will be "why?".  Well I bought this car Christmas, it is Chilli Red (Like Rudolph Red Nose), and it just looks liek Rudolph. So, that is my story.

What is your story and the name behind your vehicle?  Thank you for sharing.smile

2. kerryg profile image87
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

My car doesn't, but my parents, at various points, have owned "Betsy," "Bob," and "Sparky." Mine was supposed to be a temporary hand-me-down from my b-i-l, so that's why I never gave it a name. Had it over a year now, so probably i should start thinking about one. smile

VJnatorposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You should definetely light a candle - It's it Birthday

3. pylos26 profile image76
    pylos26posted 8 years ago

well...let us see now...I took a plane from pdx to Boston to pick up my outback and before I had driven it across country on a sight seeing excursion, I realized the only appropriate name for it had to be "piece of crap". It did not get 32 mpg, only 31.5, .......disgusting.

Sounds like it qualifies for the "Lemon Law"...hey how about LEMMI, that sounds good smile

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

My car's name  is Beautiful Belle:)

When I look at your Profile Avatar...I can see how you came up w/ this name. Beautiful smile

5. aka-dj profile image80
    aka-djposted 8 years ago

No. But my "Navman" is called "Camilla". lol

Let me guess, you enabled the Female Voice on your Nav(wo)man, right?

6. WeddingConsultant profile image80
    WeddingConsultantposted 8 years ago

Is it just me, or does the title of this thread remind you of lolcats?

"I can has cheezburger?"

1. kerryg profile image87
      kerrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It's not just you. smile

http://binaries.tagfoot.com/svc/member~kerryg.gallery.957ee710b08b8c3aaea8ddcc29d03e54.jpg

7. WeddingConsultant profile image80

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/funny-pictures-kitten-bedtime-story.jpg

8. Shirley Anderson profile image84
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

My Pontiac Pursuit is named, "Stella" because she is stealth metallic grey.

Hey, that is how I named my first dog in Germany. She was a beautiful German Long-Hair Sheppard.

9. Mighty Mom profile image92
    Mighty Momposted 8 years ago

Yes. Both of our cars have names. My husband drives a black Nissan Xterra which is called "Vincent" after the song by Richard Thompson.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxKTzwaEa2o

My car is a black Mercedes Kompressor -- she's sleek and classy and quite a bit sassy when it comes to her zip level. I named her Sophia.

10. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 8 years ago

Um, I had a cranky Volkswaggen Jetta named 'Otto.'

Woo, MM, black Mercedes....  smile

You are right. Cranky and Otto are having a correlation of it's own. My 82 old Dad back in Germany, his middle name is OTTO, and yes, he is CRANKY as well.

11. pylos26 profile image76
    pylos26posted 8 years ago

when I grow up...I gotta have one of them Kompressors...they are kool cars...mm i figured you for a kool chick.

12. pjdscott profile image75
    pjdscottposted 8 years ago

Good question - our car is called "Gwendoline 5", the fifth of a line of reliable and dedicated Toyotas!

13. Earl S. Wynn profile image86
    Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago

I call mine "The Blue Valkyrie," and she's totally custom. I had a tattoo artist do a pin-up girl on the hood, and put kill marks down one side like an old bomber.

All in all, she's a pretty rockin' rig. I love driving her so much I even wrote a hub about her. I'm not really a car person, I just couldn't help it, lol. She's just so darn cool.

Do you have a site, where you are sharing "Blue Valkyrie" in pics?

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image86
        Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

All over the place, lol. I recently added a massive chrome rhino horn to the hood and so I had to change my profile pic to show off the new sweetness.

I don't want to risk getting flagged for shameless self promotion, so I won't post the link, but the hub on the Blue Valkyrie (complete with pictures) is one of my top hubs, so you can find it there. smile

14. Junkster profile image59
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

Mine's El Diablo the petrol supping fire red fiesta of doom!

I'm 100% sure it's magic as it only costs £25 to fill up and it lasts forever!  I think I got 270+ miles out of it the last time I filled up!

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image86
      Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Holy crap! That's amazing.

I have a theory that well loved cars are magic. Mine's got almost 200,000 miles on it, and it still purrs like a kitten.

2. VJnator profile image60

Sounds not bad. My MINI fill up is around $24 (Octane 93) and I almost reach 400 miles, when I am cruising. When I am zipping we are approx. reaching the 340 miles mark.

15. profile image61
    Alizeposted 8 years ago

Oh yes my car is Murphy the Mazda, aka the Murphster.
    But isn't a car supposed to be female?

Only when you have paid for the "sex-change" surgery upfront, during the negotiation of the car deal...;0

16. profile image0
    BillTomsonposted 8 years ago

My car, a 2003 VW Convertible, used to belong to my mother until she passed. She named it "Victor", and I have kept up the tradition by getting personalized plates that read "VCTR".

Bill, that is great and a nice touch to keep this memory alive. I am sure, wherever your Mom is following and watching you from, she is loving it.

17. Houellebecq profile image85
    Houellebecqposted 8 years ago

I have had a small compact car that we referred to as the "Limo". We would also talk about a pretend driver that was always messing up.

"Come on, let's go, I'll go get the driver to pull the limo around front."

"OH MAN! That damn driver forgot to put gas in the tank before coming home!"

"Look like we need to shovel... ah, let the driver do it" (*casts a look at boyfriend*).

Eventually, when the transmission went, we changed it's name to "Shit Box".

18. WeddingConsultant profile image80

Vjnator, that was probably the post consecutive posts I've ever seen! big_smile

19. SKlocinski profile image61
    SKlocinskiposted 8 years ago

My car doesn't have a name. But my husband's crossover SUV does...Baby Huey. I started calling it that because it looked like Baby Huey (for those of you too young to remember Baby Huey was an oversized duckling found in cartoons and comic books) next to my Sunfire in the garage. The name stuck.

I once had a car I called the Red Beast because it was red and BIG

20. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 8 years ago

I wish I could call my car the red beast, it is red, but unfortunately, it's small - hence the name Poppy lol

21. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

I've got a Skoda Fabia Vrs I call Ethel, she's my 5th car, hence starting with an E, next will be F. I think I went with Ethel because no one would expect a Skoda called Ethel to be so fast smile

1. bevy400 profile image56
      bevy400posted 8 years ago in reply to this

my car is called Betty and so has every car i have ever owned probably because at school my nick name was betty boop.I have tried calling my corsa some thing else but i cant print them lol and amazingly enough Betty didnt seem to approve...Oh believe me my car has bloomin feelings lol....

1. WHoArtNow profile image85
        WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Lol, so true, all cars have feelings, treat them well, keep them clean and give them a regular check up and they'll treat you well.

22. akeejaho profile image59
    akeejahoposted 8 years ago

Yes, but since this is a family type place, I can't tell you what it is!

23. hubcap profile image61
    hubcapposted 8 years ago

No, but I once had a motorcycle that I referred to as the "LemonBitch"

24. profile image0
    jjrubioposted 8 years ago

I used to have a  79' Cutlass Supreme Oldsmobile Lowrider that was White  and I called it "GUERO"......that was my baby!!! I used to be into the lowrider scene so much that I was even a Lowrider model for 5 years..... But that was my favorite car!

25. JD66 profile image60
    JD66posted 8 years ago

Funny to read some of these.  I don't name my own vehicle, but we used to call my wife's big old green suburban "The Dragon" when the kids were little, and they would joke about how getting inside was being "eaten."  My step mother used to name her cars too, she had a yellow Ford Bronco named Buttercup and a white station wagon named Lily.

26. profile image0
    Wadey101mposted 8 years ago

A little bit of a silly name, but mine is crystal. Just for the fact that I put shiny new rear and front lights on her, and after giving her a proper clean, it glistened. It seemed appropriate at the time :-)

27. footynut profile image60
    footynutposted 8 years ago

Yes my car is called Percy :-)

28. parkerk393 profile image83
    parkerk393posted 8 years ago

If I had a car, I would consider Sebatian. Or Geoff...

working