jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The Worst Car maker in Europe Buys a Stake in Chrysler

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

Fiat has just acquired a 35% stake in Chrysler.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/busin … r=1&hp

Not only is Fiat the worst car maker in Western Europe, they have more than enough financial worries of their own.

Financial jiggery pokery again I suspect. Fiat have been trying to get into the US market for ages, but their cars are soooo bad even you guys wouldn't buy them big_smile

2. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

The blind leading the deaf and blind! Chrysler is a basket case since their jeeps started spontaneously combusting!

3. Junkster profile image59
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

I had a new model Fiat Punto as a courtesy car when mine was in the garage for some repairs and it was probably the worst week of my life! lol

The car had no oomph and the brakes were pretty sharp, I've not been a fan of Fiat, seems like I'm not alone.

4. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Paint them beige, and sell them to Aussies. Well buy them. lol lol
    Just  not me. cool

5. Junkster profile image59
    Junksterposted 7 years ago

Beige sells well down there?  I would say it could blend in with the deserts but then remembered they're red big_smile

My uncle builds Mini Moke's and motorbikes and he lives in Melbourne, a lot of his vehicles are a bit oddball since he used to lvie in britain.  His motorbike's numberplate was "BOLUX 1" and not even the australian police knew what it meant, they thought it was his name!