jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

2003 honda civic hybrid check engine light on

1. Marian Perryman profile image60
    Marian Perrymanposted 10 months ago

my 2003 honda civic hybrid check engine light is on...does anyone know how to turn it off? I took it to a smog shop because I had gotten a $500 voucher for emissions and repair....that smog shop gave my voucher back and said they couldn't use the voucher due to my emissions being low already...but yet it showed codes that i needed to change my spark plugs and to replace all my O2 sensors...I did that but the light is still on...I also put the right gas cap on too...i haven't tried to reset the check engine light yet...Any suggestions?

2. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 10 months ago

I have a 2003 Honda crv with the check engine light on for 6 months. Get an auto scan tool...it reads the codes and you can look them up. plug it under the steering wheel. it will turn it off

1. Marian Perryman profile image60
      Marian Perrymanposted 10 months ago in reply to this

i did that...but the light came back on after 2 minutes...it keep saying the o2 sensors...but i replaced them...someone told me i need to drive it about 100 miles to reset...is this true?

1. Stacie L profile image86
        Stacie Lposted 10 months ago in reply to this

Go to Honda forums and read what others have to say. The gas cap is the one place to start.

3. aware profile image70
    awareposted 10 months ago

Learn to live with it. But do check all fluids.

working