jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

cars with best mpg?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

which cars have the best MPGs?

1. vancouver profile image60
      vancouverposted 7 years ago in reply to this

the Mercedes Smartcar, prob the best MPG besides an electric car. Fill it and forget about it. Although i wouldnt recommend purchasing one as they are expensive and devalue quickly,

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Honda CRX HF

3. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 7 years ago

The Toyota Prius and Honda Insight, I believe, as they're both hybrids.  I think the Ford Fusion hybrid also gets good mileage.  I've heard there are some diesel-engine cars in Europe that get 40-plus MPG, which is about what the best hybrids get. 

Then there are electric cars like the Chevy Volt, which will only need a small amount of gas so you can go on extended trips betond its normal charging range. 

If you really want to get excellent mileage from a hybrid you should try hypermiling.  I've heard of hypermilers getting better than 100 MPG from hybrids.

4. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

We bought a 2010 Honda Insight this year. In warm weather it gets 58-62 MPG. In cold weather about 40-45 MPG.

Zenn Motors in Canada is supposed to be coming out with a total electric plug-in car early next year or late this year that has a range of over 200 miles on a single charge, but now electricity is getting very expensive, so, oh well. sad

1. Drew Breezzy profile image81
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow 62 MPG! Do you like it?

I use to have a Honda Civic, and am now looking for a new car.