GM Attempts To Bring Back Consumers By Providing a 60 Return Period

1. Jezzzz profile image77
    Jezzzzposted 7 years ago

What do you think about this new return period that GM is proposing for their vehicles. 

I have never been to much a GM man.  Well, I take that back, I did own a retired police vehicle that gave me years of service.  But, I always thought that GM make a shabby car.  I once own a Buick and I had problems with keeping it started.  The car would either not start at all or just shut off while driving.  That deterred me from even looking at another Buick. 

But, with this new guarantee, if I were in the market for a new vehicle I would give them another try.  After all, the new cars that they are producing now look hell of good.

Take a look at the article: … tm?cnn=yes

What do you think?

2. Treasured Pasts profile image86
    Treasured Pastsposted 7 years ago

My experience wasn't good with the old chevys either. I bought a Lumina at an Enterprize sale. There were seven to choose from and all but one were missing the visor clip. There was just a hole in the ceiling. I bought the one that was not broken and sure enough it broke in a few days. I went to the dealer and bought a replacement for about three bucks which wasn't bad. What was bad was that I told the dealer the story and was told that GM was aware of the problem but had no plans to do a permanent fix. They lost me then and I would have to see evidence of LONG TERM quality, not showiness on the show room floor.

1. Jezzzz profile image77
      Jezzzzposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think your story is common with American made car manufacturers.  They know certain problems are in their vehicles but they don't deem it cost effective to correct them.  It is also seen in their designs.  American car manufactures work to make their engine designs and components more complicated so the normal consumer can not correct problems.  Making them have to take the car back to the dealers for service work.

On the flip site, foreign manufactures make it easy and simple for a car owner to work on their own cars if necessary.  The engines are not over complicated and if you have to take it to the service department, most likely it is quick fixes.  And problems with known issues are reported to the head office who will work to have that issue resolved.  Honda, Toyota and Nissan are the main dealers that work to make their customers happy.  That is why customers come back years later to buy more and more cars from them.