jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

You Might have to give back your Cash For Clunkers rebate

1. TimTurner profile image80
    TimTurnerposted 6 years ago

In another failed government attempt, the Cash For Clunkers program was billed as an environmental initiative.  It turns out that almost one-third of the $3 billion deals made were swaps of old trucks/SUVS with new ones with 1 to 3 mpg better gas mileage.

There were also over $500,000 of vehicles bought with the same or worse gas mileage which is a violation of the program.  The government is looking into those claims and the violators will have to return their rebate.

Nine states reported Hummers being purchased with the Cash For Clunkers program.

Is this serious?

Government better crack down on this but I'm sure the taxpayers are just going to eat these deals that were against the program's rules.

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Here is how I see it , I didn't getting involved with the cash for clunkers program and I believe the government should get what they deserve. Nobody should have to return a single penny I believe that everyone deserves every last dime that was given after all we bailed everyone out so now it is time to bail out the people. smile

2. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

Tim, when do you find time to study?? big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol maybe thats his job to goggle 'the latest drama section" lol

3. 1974 profile image62
    1974posted 6 years ago

This one should be eaten by the car dealer that sold the non qualifying vehicles.

4. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

I have a nieghbour who took advantage of the programme ,from his mouth 'best thing that ever happened to his family' big_smile