jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

How to deal with Absenteeism in Production Units

1. IHT Farooqui profile image62
    IHT Farooquiposted 8 years ago

Absenteeism is defined as Absent from the work place without prior information . Some time this causes huges losses to industrial outputs. Absenteeism may be due to poor morale , lack of interest in the assigned work or supervisors attitude towrds the fellow collegues.

Can you share with me your expereince in this regards. How we can control this firing issue in the production units.

Best Regards

IHT Farooqui

2. 60
    shakrepg1posted 8 years ago

My opinion, and the opinion of almost every employee I've ever talked with regarding this issue is, the feeling that they are just a "number" to most companies they work for, companies want and expect loyalty, but give none. A company that seems to care, gets better employee morale, and thus better productivity, "treat others as you like to be treated" is something I learned in kindergarten, but it seems not many other folks did, at least not most employers.It would be great if employers had to work for someone else, (if they never did) so they can see what its like. Try to make the workplace seem just a little bit fun, it is possible.

3. IHT Farooqui profile image62
    IHT Farooquiposted 8 years ago

Dear Shaker

I agree with you, but want some more good suggestions in this regards

1. Eric Graudins profile image59
      Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, a bloody good start would be not referring to people as "production units".
      For a fee of $25,000 per day  (plus travel and accommodation) I'll think about coming over and personally advising you

1. IHT Farooqui profile image62
        IHT Farooquiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you sir,

working