LOUD Vibrations 2005 INFINITI g35

1. 59
    infiniti_g35.2005posted 6 years ago

There has been a squeaking noise on my front right brakes over the past 6 months and has been getting worse.  So, I got repairs done as follows. I just got my front brakes replaced on my 2005 g35, resurfaced the rotors, flushed the brakes, and replaced the compression rod bushings. Now that repairs are done everything should be good to go right? However, when i get to around 65mph there is a loud vibration/knocking noise that occurs.  This does NOT occur when I brake, and I do not have to be accelerating  for it to sound like that.  It occurs randomly when I drive at least 60-65mph, but not when I go slower that 60mph.   What is happening and what should I do?

1. Norah Casey profile image81
      Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like either your wheels are out of balance, your drive shaft is loose, or they screwed up the compression rod bushings. Without seeing the car, it is hard to tell.

You should certainly stop driving at or over 60 mph. If the sound is coming from the front of the car, I'd take it by a shop with a wheel balancer first and see if the wheels need attention. That would be a cheap and easy fix.

In general, I'm not a fan of resurfacing rotors. I'd much rather replace the entire hub rather than grind down the surface. These parts are machined with fractions of a millimeter taken into account. They could have warped the rotor during the grinding process, but usually that would generate noise upon braking or at lower speeds (you'd hear a repetitive rubbing sound at low speeds without touching the brakes). I don't think I've ever heard of a warped rotor making a knocking noise at high speed, but I haven't heard of everything smile

If this problem surfaced after the repairs and the wheel are properly balanced, I'd take it in to another shop and have them go through the repairs this other place made.

2. 61
      mcnet123posted 6 years ago in reply to this

the problem is your lower rear ball joint sold as a compression arm from infiniti at 300 a pop the ball joint is built in ,,, this is your problem