Does your car have a name?

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (55 posts)
  1. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

It's common practice to name boats.
    Are you one of those people who names your vehicle(s)?
    If yes, please share how you selected your car (or motorcyle or motorhome).
    Do you assign it a sex (m/f)?

I had no trouble naming my last car -- the name just popped into my head based on "her" personality. She is "Sophia."

1. falcon64 profile image60
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do I say I love to ride in a big bike as a passenger of
      Harley Davidson. But I like my chevy Malibu.....It's the brand I trust.

2. teenmusicscene profile image61
      teenmusicsceneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have an electric blue dodge nitro so I named him Big Blue but sometimes Smurf.

3. G Miah profile image78
      G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My car is a Nissan Micra, and when my daughter saw it the first time, she pointed at it and shouted Gary!

So since then it has been called Gary, male.

4. nikitha p profile image38
      nikitha pposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My car name is 'i20'.

5. profile image52
      loriashlyafribposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!! I have named it "Zonga".  How is the name.....?
      http://naturaldetoxcleanse.net/natural-body-cleanse/

2. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

mine is named Woodstock after that little bird in Peanuts. he's a boy smile

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I named my car Alan Jackson because when I first drove him home that was the first singer who came on the radio, talking about life and living life to it's fullest and all that. smile

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey crazed, whats happening

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey A Texan nothing much just got home about an hour ago from visiting my parents. smile How are you?

1. profile image0

Good, hows Mom and Dad?

1. profile image0

they are doing well but mom is stressed out because of grandma and all that but she is very strong and holding well for now.. smile

1. profile image0

Well, just help her out when she needs it.

1. profile image0

Oh trust me I am. I feel bad for her and I do try to take her stress onto me but I know that isn't healthy for me... but still would rather her be okay.

1. profile image0

Things will work out.

1. profile image0

I'm hoping soon! sad

4. marcel285 profile image63
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

My first car was a hidious baby blue ford laser, called Lucy..I was f****** horrified when dad bought her home for me when i was 15. lol Well she was my second car actually, i got to choose my first one with a $1000 price limit, which i wrote off after about 2 months, so then dad just got me a bomb!

5. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

My car is an apple green Hyundai Accent hatchback. Some people call it the "Green Monster". (The color is not for everyone, especially guys!) I personally think it looks too adorable to be a monster. Since it's really gas efficient and green, I like to call it "Eco". NOT to be confused with that ugly sub-compact called the Echo! I think it's a cute name for a cute little car. big_smile

6. nadiaazhar profile image77
    nadiaazharposted 14 years ago

i named my 1st car as BLUE BIRD!!

7. wyanjen profile image71
    wyanjenposted 14 years ago

I have a blue Chevy named Truckster.

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I have owned 5 different cars or trucks. I've owned 1 motorcycle.

I never named any of them. smile

9. lightning john profile image59
    lightning johnposted 14 years ago

3/4 ton 03 ford. 4.6 v8 . Name, The Ghost

10. Mighty Mom profile image78

Interesting. So it appears that some names are "people names" and some are just cute names.
    To me, the Green Monster will always be the wall at Fenway Park in Boston!
    And Cagsil -- looking back, if you HAD named your cars/truck/hog, are there names that seem appropriate for them?

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know Mighty Mom, I was asked what the name of my first car was, by my high school girlfriend. Just to let you know- her first name was Carrie(LOL). But, as I told her and I'll let you know now...I didn't give it a thought. She told me to think about it. And, that was that. I didn't think of it again, until this thread right now.

No one has ever asked me otherwise. smile

11. yenajeon profile image70
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I named mine casper. Because he is a white 4x8 and I love keeping him shiny!

12. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

My Chevy Blazer is called Lizzy as in Tin Lizzy

1. profile image49
      tomopmpeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A blonde, wanting to earn some money, decided to hire herself out as a handyman-type and started canvassing a wealthy neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any jobs for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"
      The blonde said, "How about 50 dollars?" The man agreed and told her that the paint and ladders that she might need were in the garage. The man's wife, inside the house, heard the conversation and said to her husband, "Does she realize that the porch goes all the way around the house?"
      The man replied, "She should. She was standing on the porch."

A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.
      "You're finished already?" he asked. "Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats. "Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50. "And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porch, it's a Ferrari."

1. G Miah profile image78
        G Miahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I knew that was coming, lol!

13. Mama Sez profile image63
    Mama Sezposted 14 years ago

We call our car VEG, that's what's in her plate that matched the family's love for vegetable.  We are really meant to be together cool

14. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

my first car was named Jethro after Jethro Tull.

it was a big, ugly Buick my dad bought for me from a used car lot and I loved it!!!  I must have been 16 or 17.  my second car was named after some guy I had a crush on, it was a light purple dodge dart with a 440 engine... big_smile

15. Richieb799 profile image73
    Richieb799posted 14 years ago

My classic car was nicknamed the 'heartbeat car' after the 60's UK TV show because it was retro lol

16. Mighty Mom profile image78

Some great ideas here. I am not sure about naming my car after a crush, because the plates are for the life of the car -- what if I keep the car years after the crush fades? But of course for me that's not an issue. I'm married:-).

LOVE the idea of naming a car after a rock group. Lizzy's a great name as is Jethro (although if I liked the car I would have picked the "Tull" part:-).

My new car is white and very elegant looking. I've never had a white car before and white has never, ever been a color I'm drawn to. Perhaps that is why I am having trouble naming this one. But I know it's a "she" like Sophia was!

1. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Snow White smile

17. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Yeah, it's Dammit.

1. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
      ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years agoin reply to this

HA!

18. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Only when it doesn't work and then I call it,"You Piece of Crap!"

19. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

Queen of the Roads

20. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

On another note- my dad is name a car he owned- it was "Betsy". I don't know why or anything behind it. smile

21. ThoughtfulSpot profile image70
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 14 years ago

I've been driving the same car for 17 years now.  We have a lot of history, and I'll admit to talking/crying/laughing to him on a regular basis over the years.  But, I've never officially named him.  He is a "him." And, I've always just called him "Car" with a capital "C".  I suppose, that that's his name.  Rather infantile of me to go so obvious, but, I'm not sure I named him, it just kind of happened that way.

22. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Mine is called Nissan!

23. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

I have a 1973 Jeep Commando...Betsy Blue...ugly, alot of fun and has never left me stranded.

24. profile image0
    B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years ago

1977 Formula Firebird - Baby Blue ( she )
    1979 Firebird Trans -Am - My Sexy Beast ( he )
    1995 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo GTP - Blue B**ch  ( she )
    1966 GTO - Skully's Goat Roper ( he )
    1994 Buick Regal - The Beater ( He )
    1998 Polaris 750 Jet Ski - Ride The Lightning ( she )
    and there are 3 dirtbikes a motorcycle and 2 4 wheelers here, they all get called something...lol
    too much to type, the names change depending on my mood!

25. NewYorker profile image57
    NewYorkerposted 14 years ago

My car is called Christine. Christine was a girl I went to high school with, and I hated her guts.. And I hate my car so see the connection?

26. Happyontheinside profile image71
    Happyontheinsideposted 14 years ago

I don't have a car - but if I did it would definitely have a name...My PC is called 'Betsy' and I have a small model skeleton called 'henry'...I also have an inflatable shark called 'Rufus'. Our old cooker had a name but I forget what it was now. And we used to have a spider living in our apartment that we called 'Sam'.

27. macki62000 profile image60
    macki62000posted 14 years ago

Yup - we have had a couple of cars with names. We had a Lada called Allan (Allan Lada lol) We had a Lucy the Lupo (she wasnt very good at roundabouts. How sad am I? I remember also crying when my first car was taken to the scrappy.............

28. mega1 profile image79
    mega1posted 14 years ago

my 94 mitsubishi mighty max is named Mozart -   long story!

29. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

yes - scrap....

30. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

Yep... BMeUp lol

31. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

da Jeep

32. profile image53
    jolenehefposted 14 years ago

My car is a blue Ford Focus named Judy Jane Blackwell for all the brilliant Judys and Janes in history and Susan Blackwell. Jane for short.

33. Muktu profile image60
    Muktuposted 13 years ago

My car's name is Peppy

34. Bill Yovino profile image86
    Bill Yovinoposted 13 years ago

I have a Porsche 911 named Foamy. That's also the name of my boat which is a Boston Whaler and is made of foam. "Foamy" is also the name of an irreverent cartoon squirrel with a major attitude problem. So basically, everything I own from this point forward will be called "Foamy".

35. profile image0
    BRIAN SLATERposted 13 years ago

My classic morris minor 1000 convertable is called Mr.pickles as that was the original owner in 1967.

36. cheaptrick profile image75
    cheaptrickposted 13 years ago

Ya...but I can't post it cause I'll get banned...

37. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

My F150 4x4 with Lightning motor is Udn-Udn big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)