jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

Any truck GURUs out there?

1. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

What would hold it's value better/longer....a Dodge Ram 1500 or a Nissan Titan?

1. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
      Alessia Amnesiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would say a Dodge Ram, but that's only because I'm not too familiar with Nissan vehicles.

1. 0
        Car Donationsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would definitely go with the Dodge Ram. It has a long standing history of being a tough and reliable truck. I have a few different models and was impressed with each one. I am not a Dodge guy. But I think Dodge would be a good choice.

2. activewriter profile image61
      activewriterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I attended a computer diagnostic class several years ago, trouble shooting automotive systems.  When we got to the Dodge system the instructor told us to look up dodge in the dictionary.  Something along the lines of 'to avoid'.
      I tend to agree.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Honda civic wink

3. Wendi M profile image82
    Wendi Mposted 6 years ago

Funny Misha.

I'm finding that there's not a whole lot of info on the Titan out there.

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

LOL go to edmunds or kbb, you will find the data there. But I swear civic will hold the value better than any of those smile

5. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Wendi,

How are you? I'm not truck guru, but have owned one. It was a Ford.

Your comparison of Dodge vs. Nissan?

I would say go with Dodge. The "Titan" has been around as long as Dodge Ram has been. smile

1. Wendi M profile image82
      Wendi Mposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We're going to go back and look at both of them (AGAIN) tomorrow.

Thank you!

2. Wendi M profile image82
      Wendi Mposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, and, I'm fine thank you...how are you Cagsil?

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am doing well, Wendi. Thank you for asking. And, You're welcome. smile

6. ohox profile image60
    ohoxposted 6 years ago

dodge of course.if you compare to nissan

7. Explosive INK profile image60
    Explosive INKposted 6 years ago

Style +Price+quality=longevity I would recommend a Nissan TITAN. I am a luxury and sports car person and even I know a bargain if you take care of it. For a budget minded person I would say F-150 with basic package. I had a 1986 Ford Ranger "S" and I loved it. I paid $6,800 cash new and sold it for $5K in mint shape in 1993. I also had a Nissan. I thoroughly liked the dependabilty and styling and power. Hope it helps,From someone who has been on those shoes. I now have a GTI/GDI and love them....

1. Norah Casey profile image80
      Norah Caseyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am not a Ford person (Found On Road Dead!) but my mother has had an F150 for about 9 years and, other than a few minor problems, it has been a champ. Annoyingly.

To answer your specific question, though, I would probably say the Dodge. I heard there were some issues with the front suspension on the Titan from a few mechanics I know. As earnest said, check the recall history! Also, if you are getting a car and thinking primarily of whether it will hold it's value, you may want to consider something else. Something you love that is reliable is a much better starting point in searching for a car that you want than something that you can resell later.

8. lightning john profile image60
    lightning johnposted 6 years ago

Go with a Ford 250-3/4 ton. Its a real truck!  Try and get the 4.6 liter,  good on gas and plenty of power!

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Read the recall history on both of them before you spend a dime! smile There are recall links on my newest car site.

9. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Remember the changes in who is making who's cars too! Also covered in my car hubs coincidently!
    It is no good buying an old make you love only to find it is now made in India and you mechanic has never worked on those strange under-licence gearboxes or whatever. See who is now making what you are buying. For example If you like Nissan you better like the other makers they are now married too. Ditto for the GM product or even Ford.

10. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

In the states, Dodge!

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Dodge even with the smallest motor 3.7 litre V6 is a lot bigger truck than the Nissan. The Dodge will have a lot better ride than the Nissan, the Nissan cheaper to own and service. Really they are almost different markets.

working