jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What has happened to Toyata Prius car?

1. laswi profile image61
    laswiposted 6 years ago

What has happened to Toyata Prius - the best-selling hybrid car in the world and Toyota's flagship model? Toyota has discovered there were design problems with the antilock brake system.

1. NewYorker profile image78
      NewYorkerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Those cars were, have always been and will always be - hideous shit.

2. alexandriaruthk profile image51
      alexandriaruthkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

TOYOTA made cars are still reliable, as well as HONDA, ASIAN CARS rock!

These are just small problems and we all hope they can survive this prob.

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

This Model has been Dumped from their range and discussions have been taking place between Toyota and the old Fiat designers, to re-introduce the Fiat Bambina with a retractible power plug and lead; to replace the Prius.

3. MikeNV profile image74
    MikeNVposted 6 years ago

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_c … ut-toyota/

All manufacturers have quality control issues.  Cars are assembled from parts from many manufacturers.

So there is a problem, and they fix it.  So?

4. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Simple.  People are finding out they've been sold a bill of goods regarding these 'green' cars.  They're a joke and owners are having buyers remorse.  There are literally hundreds of Prius on used car lots all through and around Nashville.  All hype, no meat.

5. I am DB Cooper profile image65
    I am DB Cooperposted 6 years ago

For the most part, it's a software problem. Toyota has a solution and will probably be implementing it on Toyota cars in the coming weeks. I don't know of many Prius drivers who are having buyers remorse, even with the current acceleration problems. If the used car lots in Nashville are filling up with used Priuses, the sellers probably should have gone somewhere else to sell their car. They've got fantastic resale value in most of the country. I just took a quick look on eBay, and I'm seeing 3-year-old Priuses selling for $13,000 - $16,000.

6. pylos26 profile image75
    pylos26posted 6 years ago

DB...did you invest your "booty" wisely?

7. laszlon profile image61
    laszlonposted 5 years ago

Nothing has happened to the Prius. You can still go into a Toyota dealer and buy one right now.