jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (25 posts)

Driving in my city is like. . .

1. tdarby profile image61
    tdarbyposted 6 years ago

Finish the following sentence.  Driving in my city is like. . .

1. afunguy24 profile image60
      afunguy24posted 6 years ago in reply to this

driving thru hell.

2. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

...driving through the United Nations. there are people walking around from all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life. today it was a madhouse because a man got hit by a truck on the freeway, so i had to exit and drive on surface streets, which turned out to be a really neat detour. i was going to cut through and get on another highway (SR51) but that was backed up too, so I decided to take surface streets all the way home, which was a 25-mile commute. a commute that turned out to be really interesting. i sat in front of the veterans hospital for a while, then drove up 19th Avenue and watched three light rail trains coming and going, and people getting on and off the trains. i don't mind driving in Phoenix at all. there are definitely worse cities to commute in...

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

.....dealing with an over-arrogant bunch of preschoolers. lol

3. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

Driving in my city is like driving with idiots...hello blinkers work and running red lights especially when it rains does not roll

4. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

it's a toilet that flushes at 9,1 and 5.

5. k@ri profile image83
    k@riposted 6 years ago

the "Fifth Dimension".  LOL

6. OneCuteCookie profile image61
    OneCuteCookieposted 6 years ago

like wallowing through glue in rush hour traffic

7. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Driving in my city is like following snails during rush hour and they all take there time trying to figure out what lane to move into and never use a turn signal, grrrrrrr

8. Ohma profile image83
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

for me right now its like being on a skating rink in smoothsoled shoes. They never even salted my street from the Friday-Saturday storm and now we are supposed to get anothe 18 inches of the crap sad

9. ohox profile image61
    ohoxposted 6 years ago

filling my mouth with any F,S,B words all the time.

10. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

... parking in my city

1. Shadesbreath profile image90
      Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

11. 0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

At times like being in a Death Race with 100,000 people....at others like you are the only person in town....But I drive like a crazy person so I'm sure other drivers are the ones bitch'n at me

12. 0
    Will Bensonposted 6 years ago

Driving in my city is like. . a page out of the past. Rural, no traffic jams, no traffic lights, some dirt roads and scenic. Times are changing tho - you occasionally see the 1 finger salute and the icy "how dare you make me wait 3 seconds" stare.
    Recently, I entered a 1 lane covered bridge at the same time as another car. I backed up and waved to the other guy in his BMW as he came through. He gave me the finger. Oh well...

1. 0
      StormRyderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have had encounters with people like that too...mostly men in their little "I'm better than you" BMW's or Lexus's..I just want to smack'em!

1. 0
        Will Bensonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We may be onto something here StormRyder...I may have been driving my wife's Lexus at the time. Please don't smack me if you see me. I'll be the guy in the left lane going 40 with my blinker stuck on. :}

1. 0
          StormRyderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol lol ok..I'll be looking for ya!! big_smile

13. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

Driving in my city is like...driving in circles. 

Our downtown is all one way streets and if you miss your turn you have to drive in a complete circle to try again!

14. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

is like driving in a summer morning, the breeze is awesome,cool and you can relax while driving,,,,when you look outside the car ---  the women are beautiful and the MEN are always gentleman--they open car doors for you,

15. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 6 years ago

Is crazy....the traffic is getting worse. Like Leno said last night, with all the cars being recalled, where the heck does all the traffic come from?? lol

16. manlypoetryman profile image72
    manlypoetrymanposted 6 years ago

advanced training for kamikaze school.

17. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

... getting a rectal exam from a thick-fisted doctor wearing barbed-wire mittens.

1. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh my golly gosh gee wizz Shades!  lol

18. Ladybird33 profile image72
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

driivng in my city is like driving through the zoo...I live in a very small city with lot of animals wondering, darting and peeking around.