jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Teach me

1. sarovai profile image62
    sarovaiposted 7 years ago

I bought a car with stick shift. I would like to learn driving this car. Please teach me how to drive a car especially at curves step by step. smile

1. aka-dj profile image79
      aka-djposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is absolutely the right place to come and ask. hmm  hmm  hmm

sarovaiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hi aka-dj This is the right answer I was expecting from you.cool hmm

Sorry for any offence. I could show you how, but to write a guide step by step....? Nah. Not me. cool

smile cool smile is it ok?

How's the lesson going? big_smile

1,2,3,but 1 smile cool

2. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I have a hub on driving including how to drive a stick shift really well!

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-drive-better smile

Let me check and come back to you earnesthub.smile

3. MikeNV profile image76
    MikeNVposted 7 years ago

You just have to do it.

At first the clutch seems awkward... but shortly it seems 2nd nature.  I miss driving a stick!  The only time they are bad is when it's slippery and you are stopped in traffic going up a really steep hill.  The rest of the time I prefer them... because it makes me feel like I'm actually driving!

Thank u MikeNV for sharing your experience. Yes, it is true, driving stick is makes us to feel real driving.smile

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

sarovai, the main things to remember are this:

1.  You always have to put in the clutch before doing anything with the shift.

2.  Putting the clutch in takes no special technique, but releasing the clutch (taking your foot off it) has to be done gradually and smoothly - and particularly gradually and smoothly when you're stopped.

3.  If you're stopped at the top of a hill (with the back of the car toward the "downhill" direction) you're likely roll back when you release the clutch if you don't develop the technique for gradually letting the clutch up while also kind of giving the car enough gas to make it "want to move forward" just enough that it doesn't roll backwards.

4.  If you release the clutch too fast and get the car shaking and rocking, put the clutch back in fast.  If the car stalls as a result of it all, put it back in neutral and start it up again.

5.  Shift to higher gears when you kind of hear the car seeming like it's starting to struggle a little.

6.  Don't ever shift into neutral when the car is rolling.

7.  Make sure you know where each gear and neutral are well enough that you won't forget. 

Well, that's what I can come up with a few minutes.  Hope some of it helps.

Thank u Lisa HW for the guidance.smile

5. starme77 profile image86
    starme77posted 7 years ago

They made automatics especially for people like me who are unable to drive with two feet and two hands smile Never driven a stick shift  and really have no desire to learn , but , good luck to ya smile

working