jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Why I'm out on Toyota

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image80
    Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago

The reason has nothing to do with the unintended acceleration - it's just that, it seems like they don't even try anymore. The quality is dubious, the technology is middle of the road, and the designs have been uninspired and boring for a long long time. Anyone else agree?

2. Shadesbreath profile image88
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I still don't buy the accelerator thing.  I think that was a take down of Toytota to help save GM and Ford.  But I am with you on uninspired designs.  They're doing too well to commit to something out there.  Old companies that get too caught up in maintaining their position always get boring and play safe.  That's why so many horrendous boring movies come out now too. Nobody wants to take a risk so they keep making stuff that looks like something that did okay in the past.  Yawn.

3. wilderness profile image97
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

Can't say as I agree.  The first mainstream hybrid manufacturer, and the only one to date to design it from the ground up.  A tremendous lead here that they will probably keep for some time.

Currently market testing a plug in hybrid, and working on at least one more hybrid.  No, I wouldn't say they are in the back of the pack on technology.

Styling is quite another matter though.

4. ilmdamaily profile image92
    ilmdamailyposted 6 years ago

Two words: Toyota Hilux.

Until someone can break one of these, I will remain a "Toyota Man." Great vehicle.

1. Evan Hutchinson profile image80
      Evan Hutchinsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I can't argue with the old Toyota trucks (had a 1997 Tacoma myself). But I can't judge the Hilux til they release it in the US.

5. Kyle246 profile image61
    Kyle246posted 6 years ago

GM gets bailed out so Americans now hate GM. Toyota kills 54 Americans, and some people still support it.

1. passthejelly profile image81
      passthejellyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Still love my GM and that won't change no matter what.