jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (13 posts)

Are you going to Buy an American Car on your next purchase?

1. Kyle246 profile image61
    Kyle246posted 6 years ago

For year the American car companies were criticized for making low quality cars. Now, their cars are just as good as the Japanese and European if not better in some areas. What do you think? Support American, support American Jobs.

1. 60
      vkeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

I have been buying American for over twenty years. Always Chevy pick ups for myself, and I bought two chryslers and the last two chevy SUVs for my wife, and we have a Buick for my kids to share.  I will continue to for as long as I am able and U.S. auto makers are putting them out. (It's not just loyalty to our workers or country, it's largely because U.S. auto makers make vehicles that people over 6 foot tall can sit in.)

I might be tempted to buy a foreign convertible someday (I bought a used Fiat Spider when I was 17 that was awfully fun)... so I reserve the right to do that should one come along that I really, really like.

1. 60
      vkeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  3. spraytask profile image59
    spraytaskposted 6 years ago

Probably not tongue

4. nlowman profile image59
    nlowmanposted 6 years ago

I definitely won't.

5. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

When I buy another car....

It will be American. wink

6. 0
    klarawieckposted 6 years ago

The last two Americans we bought lasted about three years each! They were breaking every week. What a POS!!! I love our mazdas! If they expect me to buy American, they better put some QUALITY into American cars!!!

7. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I drive a fifteen year old Chevy and when I need a new one I will buy another Chevy.

1. 0
      klarawieckposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Stay away from the Malibu. Mine was purchase brand new, and it didn't last at all. I think they are made of leggo!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
        Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Really? My sis has had one for years-- still going strong.

8. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

We usually keep our cars for 12- 18 years, and the Buick and Chevy truck we have now are fairly new.
    Of course there is no such thing as an "American car" anymore-- that's an illusion.  Most of the parts and pieces are produced in lots of other countries around the world.

9. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

Never purchased one before, will not be purchasing one in the future.