jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

What is the best brand of car?

1. tritrain profile image77
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

I really like Suburu.  I would put it up against any manufacturer.

1. Ruben Rivera profile image80
      Ruben Riveraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I like BMW, my dream car.  I think they have a good record but in terms of reliability unfortunately I will say Honda.  I say unfortunately because I would like to mention an American brand but can't do that now, hopefully they get their stuff together soon.

2. youcanwin profile image40
    youcanwinposted 6 years ago

I like Mercedes Benz

3. writinginalaska profile image82
    writinginalaskaposted 6 years ago

i just bought my second Subaru,   had my first one for 13 years and when i sold it it was going strong.  Subaru makes a mighty fine product.  That's my vote. smile

4. Tusitala Tom profile image90
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

The best car is always the one you first owned.   It becomes a thing of romantic nostalgia the further it moves away from you in time.  It's the one that filled you with memories - terrible incidents at the time that filled you with frustration, embarrassment and angst - but which now become amusing conversational topics as you tell the world how: you broke down in peak hour traffic on the harbour bridge; how the wheel came off when you were parking; how it was awash like a fully laden coal ship whenever it rained.   Believe me, the first car you ever owned.  That's the best in the world!

5. mikenielsen profile image59
    mikenielsenposted 6 years ago

I would like to Honda City........
    Its really very good for me...

6. aka-dj profile image79
    aka-djposted 6 years ago

I am driving a VW Caddy, '06 model. It has 127,000ks, and it's still on original breakpads.
    It's never had any major prob,s yet.

Having said that, I think many brands produce an excellent product. I think the competition and high customer exoectancy soon whittles out the poor ones.

7. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 6 years ago

It all depends on what you look for in a car and your own personal preferences in style, shape and form.

Personally, I would have to say one of the German manufactures like BMW or VW. I own a Seat Leon (which is part of the VW group). I love the style, I love the fact it's a 5* safety car (great as I have a young child. Oh yeah, and with 200bhp at the front wheels, I still pull back 50mpg...

I do love Euro diesels!!

8. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Not one U.S. car in the lot... I'm depressed. smile Unless, one of the above is now owned by a U.S. car company. Things keep changing so quickly these days... smile

Edit: So as to balance things out:

Corvette! smile

9. TheOneWhoKnows profile image60
    TheOneWhoKnowsposted 6 years ago

1. YoJDawg profile image76
      YoJDawgposted 6 years ago in reply to this

they all have their problems and they are all just nuts and bolts.As long as you take care of it, it should last.

10. Hotplate profile image60
    Hotplateposted 5 years ago

Whatever happened to the Yugo?  That was my favorite disposible  car.

11. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

One thats the cheepest on gas....

12. 0
    Car Donationsposted 5 years ago

All manufacturers have their strong points. GM is well known for the trucks, Ford is well rounded. Mazda is well know for sporty cars. Honda and Toyota is well known for reliability. Test drive and do research!

13. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

My husband is buying me a Cadillac today! We pick it up this morning! I never thought in my lifetime, I would drive a Cadillac. It is a 2005 SRX with a sunroof that is akin to a convertible top.

My husband loves cars but SUVs are not his thing but he actually state IF I don't like the Cadillac he will trade in his car and he will drive the SUV! Wow!

For you see, during our search, he was trying to convince me to get a regular car. I almost conceded and that day it snowed so I took it as a sign that I must have AWD.

General Motors has done a fantastic job on renewing their brand. I just wish it had happened before their bankruptcy. But alas at least they now on the right track. Have you seen the Recaro racing seats in the new Cadillacs - awesome!