jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Toyota advertising Highlanders on tv with child

1. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the television ads for the Highlander from Toyota, with the little blonde haired boy about 6 or 7? He says that unless parents buy this car, they aren't cool, and parents dont need to be lames.  So be cool, parents, dont be lames and spend on a highlander so your kid can be proud that his parents drive a cool car with cartoon piped into the back seat, and arent lames.
    I wrote toyota and told them they couldnt pay me to drive that car, and the ad stinks.  I also said that someone was a lame, but it wasn't this parent.  Pull the brat, I'm sure I am not the only parent who resents it.
    If you feel the same way email toyota and let them know.

1. Wendy Krick profile image49
      Wendy Krickposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Is this the one with the station wagon? I thought it really sent a bad message to kids.

1. TamCor profile image81
        TamCorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've seen a couple different versions of this commercial--the station wagon is the second one, I think.

I agree--I can't stand these commercials, and can't believe that they actually said those things on there.

It's not the little boy's fault, though, he's just a little guy who's saying what he was told to say! smile

2. 60
    dereklink3055posted 5 years ago

Right on!  I have a petition online to pressure Toyota to take the ads off the air at http://toyotaislame.com  I hope you'll sign it too!

3. 0
    Toby Hansenposted 5 years ago

In Australia we have a different version.

The little boy is singing On The Road Again into a toy microphone. I have to say that the only problem that I have with the advertisement, is the fact that they let the kid sing!

I have a working remote control for the television. When an advertisement comes on that I find questionable or offensive, I simply change the channel.