jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

does the type of car you posses matter?

1. boosel profile image60
    booselposted 5 years ago

i think any car you have,as far as it takes you to your desired destination is okay.

what do you think?........

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 5 years ago in reply to this

America is very materialistic and vain, so here it does.

2. Carbells profile image60
      Carbellsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think Performance matters! And how can we neglect the fuel consumption if a car consuming more than the required fuel and just taking you to your desired location without any harm, how it could benefits you?

2. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

For many a car is a status symbol so yes, certainly, the type of car that you own can matter. In terms of travel you are right: any car will get you from A to B but not all cars do equally well as status symbol.

3. Information Ninja profile image60
    Information Ninjaposted 5 years ago

I prefer a motorbike

4. 0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 5 years ago

According to Warren Buffet, almost the richest man on earth, but not quite, cars do not matter. He drives very old cars and says to buy used ones and drive them into the ground. I do.

5. arb profile image78
    arbposted 5 years ago

You bet! It has to start, move and stop when I say so. Other than that, it can do whatever it wants!

6. Jerami profile image77
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

For all practical purposes No!  it makes no difference

But I would have to say that when in 1984, I traded even ..  a 1980 volkswagen Rabbit for a 1980 Fire Bird.   
      And I  (just a little bit) looked forward to driving to the same old humdrum Job every day.
      This can be even more true for teenagers.
       Color seems to affect our mood also.

But most important.  It has gotta get us there.

7. Flightkeeper profile image79
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

No it doesn't matter, but driving an exotic car like a bugatti would be awesome big_smile

8. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Tony, you're so right. We are judged by our cars, whether we want to be or not.
    That's why I play it cool and drive a car that is classy and people assume cost about $30K more than it did. Shhh... that's my little secret,

1. tony0724 profile image60
      tony0724posted 5 years ago in reply to this

MM first and foremost a belated Merry Christmas to you. Second can ya give a Brother a ride ? big_smile