jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

mini cooper vs toyota pruis vs toyota yaris

1. farah121 profile image61
    farah121posted 5 years ago

Which car would you get because im buying a car but dont know which one i want?

1. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The  mini cooper car is a bit of a boy racer type car. The list doesn't make sense to me. The two Toyota's are a choice, all Toyota's are reliable, have good fuel economy, parts and spares are easily available. They are also slightly bigger than the mini-cooper. You do not say what age you are, a mini cooper without stereo-typing anyone would probably suit a younger person.
      You would have much more fun with the mini-cooper if that is what your after. Mini prices are quite expensive and you do have to pay for most extras on the car, but they do hold their price really well. Toyota cars hold there price but to a lesser extent.

If you want a reliable car, for carrying family, luggage and shopping then choose a Toyota. For anything else choose the mini.

2. I am DB Cooper profile image65
    I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago

For the most bang for the buck I'd go with the Yaris. I'm not really a fan of the Mini Cooper and I feel like they should get better MPG than they do considering their size. The Prius goes a long way on a gallon of gas but you'll pay a big premium for it. The Yaris gets excellent fuel economy for a non-hybrid (actually better than many competitor's hybrid models) and those engines seem to last forever. I've heard many stories about people getting 400,000 miles out of their Toyota Echo, which is what the Yaris used to be called.

3. farah121 profile image61
    farah121posted 5 years ago

thanks your really help me narrowing down